Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The grumpy thread

• Please log in to reply
90350 replies to this topic

#84061 Guest_Hooli_*

Guest_Hooli_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

Aha - I thought you'd have to download a parking company app or something, thankyou.

That place has the world's worst website, you can't get to the account management pages without the URL as there is no link from the homepage! So I'm glad they don't attempt to make an app.

#84062 OFFLINE   Supernaut

Supernaut

Certified White Knight

• Full Members
  • 7,001 posts
  • 20 thanks
  • LocationScreaming into the abyss.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

One of my applications for the forestry commission apprenticeships has been unsuccessful.

Let's wait and see how the other one does, but I'm not hopeful.
I don't have a 320touring, but I am raffling a 320coupe, which previously belonged to 320touring.

I now have a buttery biscuit base E36, too.

Speak to other shiters on Discord!

#84063 OFFLINE   Lankytim

Lankytim

• Full Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationStoke on Trent.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

Sat in reception for an interview and the guy is 40 minutes late. How long before I walk out? Don’t mind my current job but it’s nice to have options.

2004 Fiat Multipla JTD, running on Biodiesel

2005 Jaguar X type diesel

1958 Mantaray VW buggy

#84064 OFFLINE   Parky

Parky

I don't watch much Television

• Full Members
  • 6,396 posts
  • 98 thanks
  • LocationBut I hear Breaking Bad is very good

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

I had that once before. 2pm meeting scheduled and confirmed, I was leaving at 2.45 when he called the receptionist to say he was going to be another half an hour and would I mind waiting.

I ended up waiting, he didn’t apologise, and the whole thing was a complete waste of time. He told me that he had it in his calendar for 3pm but if that was the case why did he call reception at 2.45 to ask if I was still there?

Trouble is sometimes I wonder if these things are a test - are you patient enough for the role, that sort of thing
  • GrumpiusMaximus likes this

#84065 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

Grange Hill's Sausage on a fork

• Full Members
  • 3,361 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • LocationSomewhere being your friend, Row-land

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Stop singing those shit 70's discoesque songs in that fucking awful warbly voice FFS. Today annoying R2 listeners. A cruise ship awaits. 

Cheers. 

Sophie Ellis-Boxhead's album of minor 70's hits is a lot better than some of the crap R1 plays. Her & her mum in a threesome would be desirable though, provided she didn't start singing. Had a weird crush on Janet Ellis when I was younger.

• The Reverend Bluejeans, alf892 and BorniteIdentity like this

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Mini pref. 1275GT - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#84066 ONLINE   chadders

chadders

• Full Members
  • 262 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

I had that once before. 2pm meeting scheduled and confirmed, I was leaving at 2.45 when he called the receptionist to say he was going to be another half an hour and would I mind waiting.

I ended up waiting, he didn’t apologise, and the whole thing was a complete waste of time. He told me that he had it in his calendar for 3pm but if that was the case why did he call reception at 2.45 to ask if I was still there?

Trouble is sometimes I wonder if these things are a test - are you patient enough for the role, that sort of thing

I think that they are used by some 'managers' to see how far they can push you so that they only interview people who won't push back at them if they're employed.

Good manners cost nothing so not to apologise strikes me that you dodged a bullet there.

#84067 ONLINE   Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

• Full Members
  • 4,869 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationDoing a U turn where possible.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:56 PM

Similar thing happened to me at a job interview back in 1997.
Appointment was at 2pm. I arrived at 1.45 and was directed to a chair in reception. At 2.30 the guy turned up. His first words were "you are late"
Sensing that this 'may' have been a test of some sort I apologised. I got the job and got to know the guy fairly well over the ensuing years. He did admit that it was a test of my reactions to unfair situations.
Nervously prodding at rust since 1978

1979 Triumph Dolomite 1850 HL Auto
1993 Honda Prelude 2.0 Auto
2001 Rover 75 2.5 KV6 Connoisseur
2002 MG ZT. 2.5 KV6.The Warrior returns.
2003 Mazda MX-5
2004 Honda Accord 2.0 I Vtec
2007 Chevrolet Tacuma 2.0 Auto

#84068 OFFLINE   oldcars

oldcars

• Full Members
  • 6,552 posts
  • 37 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:05 PM

Appointment was at 2pm. I arrived at 1.45 and was directed to a chair in reception. At 2.30 the guy turned up. His first words were "you are late"
Sensing that this 'may' have been a test of some sort I apologised. I got the job and got to know the guy fairly well over the ensuing years. He did admit that it was a test of my reactions to unfair situations.

I would have fared very* well there then  :shock:

• Craig the Princess, robinmasters, twosmoke300 and 2 others like this

#84069 OFFLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 5,696 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

What's the post code and what's the thing you won ? I only ask because a few of us have a Liverpool post code and if it's close might do you a favour.

Thanks for the thought; however panic/grump now over as I have just got the full address and a contact number, which is just as well as I had already booked the van. The item is 6 feet long and I have to hand over a few hundred quid for it so I wouldn't have expected to inflict that on anyone else.

#84070 ONLINE   MikeR

MikeR

• Full Members
  • 1,608 posts
  • 27 thanks
  • LocationFormby

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:28 PM

flicks ,

her indoors was going to the flicks today ,,,,,, but the parking is a bit restrictive in Shiteport ..

apparently just parking enough time to squeeze in a viewing of a film and no shopping ..

so I said got to Switch island , its free parking and as long as you want .....and shops

but why is the parking so tight in Shiteport ...was the reply

its because they dont want you to go ......  go to Switch island instead

...still went to Shiteport , I await a run down of events ....

Tottering Information Terminals Seriously Upset Passengers

#84071 OFFLINE   chaseracer

chaseracer

Autoshite HR & Refereeing Solutions Ltd.

• Staff
  • 13,221 posts
  • 99 thanks
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Stop singing those shit 70's discoesque songs in that fucking awful warbly voice FFS. Today annoying R2 listeners. A cruise ship awaits. 

Cheers. 

Same coordinates and depth as Elaine Paige?

;)

• Richard, sporty-shite, Saabnut and 3 others like this

2018 DS 3 - Domestic Management's staff car

2009 Cannondale Quick CX - too much like hard work
2003 Citroen Berlingo 2.0HDi - buggering on regardless
1995 Peugeot 205 Inca 1.7D - working
1982 Citroen Dyane 6 - hiding...

#84072 OFFLINE   Richard

Richard

• Full Members
  • 12,639 posts
  • 32 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

Edinburgh.
  • dome likes this

#84073 OFFLINE   SierraMikeHotel

SierraMikeHotel

Mercedes Wanker

• Full Members
  • 2,620 posts
  • 46 thanks
  • LocationEast Sussex

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

I'm glad things worked out well for you but someone needs to tell him that was a dick move.

• chaseracer, sporty-shite, robinmasters and 2 others like this

#84074 ONLINE   Wack

Wack

• Full Members
  • 2,833 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:55 PM

Also while I’m here - “Whistle Stop” convenience stores found in train stations.
£3 for a single solitary can of lager or cider
Sainsbury’s Local in the same station - £4 for 4.

Similar in the M&S motorway shops , bottled water in the fridges £2-3 , at the back of the air conditioned shop in the grocery section almost hidden from view, 2l bottle of water , 60p
  • mercedade likes this

2018 Mustang GT in Banana

2003 Range Rover HSE

2015 Mercedes B220 CDi 4Matic

2011 Ford Transit XLWB Dropside

#84075 OFFLINE   NorfolkNWeigh

NorfolkNWeigh

• Full Members
  • 7,596 posts
  • 26 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:59 PM

I'm glad things worked out well for you but someone needs to tell him that was a dick move.

This sort of thing is the reason that after 25 years being self employed, I'm unemployable.
That twat would have had some quite tangible physical proof of how I'd react to shit like that.
  • DodgeRover, mercrocker, robinmasters and 7 others like this

#84076 OFFLINE   SierraMikeHotel

SierraMikeHotel

Mercedes Wanker

• Full Members
  • 2,620 posts
  • 46 thanks
  • LocationEast Sussex

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:08 PM

This sort of thing is the reason that after 25 years being self employed, I'm unemployable.
That twat would have had some quite tangible physical proof of how I'd react to shit like that.

What's rule one?

Rule one is: Don't be a dick.

• chaseracer, DodgeRover and NorfolkNWeigh like this

#84077 ONLINE   twosmoke300

twosmoke300

• Full Members
  • 9,764 posts
  • 71 thanks
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

Yup I’d have told him to poke his job up his arse and walked .
  • myglaren and DodgeRover like this

One of the funniest things ive read on here - RIP Dave

Brilliant... late in for lunch I fired up an off-brand pot noodle and while carrying it to the lounge successfully spilled it all over myself, burned the piss out of my hand, soaked my phone with the juice, soaked a load of expense receipts I was also carrying and it hit the hall floor and just fucking exploded....it was literally dripping from the ceiling in my newly decorated hallway. The obvious and considered reaction was to throw an immediate, massive paddy and boot the fucker down the hall while screaming, which has made the whole scenario about 18 times worse.

#84078 OFFLINE   chaseracer

chaseracer

• Staff
  • 13,221 posts
  • 99 thanks
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

Life's too short to waste it working for/with dickheads.

• 155V6, myglaren, sporty-shite and 5 others like this

#84079 OFFLINE   Floatylight

Floatylight

• Full Members
  • 549 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationStafford

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

Life's too short to waste it working for/with dickheads.

So that's why you left.... (sad face)

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
  • chaseracer and clayts450 like this
Current Fleet
2003 Citroen C3 1.4SX
2007 Mazda 3 Sport ex Sims00
2008 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

#84080 OFFLINE   Mrcento

Mrcento

• Full Members
  • 572 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationDundee

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

That happened to me when i was signing on at the Job Centre years back.

My signing time was 1pm, i was there at 12:50, my advisor had people at her desk all the way through to 1:20. I'd spoken to one of the guards and one of the other advisors telling them i'd been sitting for half an hour.

She gets up, goes away for 10 minutes, at 1:30 she comes back, calls my name and i go over, sit down expecting "i'm really sorry, we're miles behind today"

What did i get?

"Why are you late? your appointment was at 1"

I politely told he i've been sitting for 40 minutes, i was here 10 minutes early, she has had people at her desk then disappeared at 1:20 and i'd been kept waiting.

She then tried to tell me the only reason she was seeing these people was because i wasn't there and accused me of lying and just showing up now

I then pointed out that her version of events was impossible given i could describe the people she'd seen and the fact i knew she'd got up and walked away for 10 minutes, had spoken to the guard and another advisor in between times.

She went and spoke to the advisor and i could see them nodding and pointing where i was sitting...i expect then she'd apologise.

Nope, she sits down and says i'm getting an official warning for time keeping, "Why? it's you that's late?"

Her next angle of attack was how i was dressed, jeans, t-shirt and jumper.... "You should be wearing a suit, if you don't treat signing on as a job interview, you're not signing, that and your time keeping shows you aren't taking this seriously".

I laughed and asked if she was actually being serious now, she was, she refused to let me sign and said i was getting sanctioned with a right to appeal. Laughed, got up and told her to fuck off, went straight to the other advisor who'd just told her i was telling the truth and about the suit thing and they shook their head and basically said "oh ffs, she's on one again, give me your details and i'll note it" He signed me and said to just bring any letters i receive in next time and they'd wipe it off as a Job center error. Which is what happened.

Oddly that advisor was never seen again. Either quit or was sacked.

• colc, Angrydicky, myglaren and 11 others like this

Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 1.2 16v conversion

#84081 OFFLINE   Parky

Parky

I don't watch much Television

• Full Members
  • 6,396 posts
  • 98 thanks
  • LocationBut I hear Breaking Bad is very good

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

It’s Friday night. Mrs P is out, the cats are fed and having been off colour today I fancy sitting down and enjoying a bit of TV.

Now when I was a kid in the eighties, the networks seemed to make a bit of an effort. At 5.45 the LWT logo and jingle would appear and that’s when the decent stuff began. Sure it might have been “The Price is Right” followed by “The two of us” but usually 9pm meant something good, like ”Auf Wiedersehn Pet” or even “Dempsey and Makepeace”.

So in today’s world of multiple channels I have found the only entertaining thing on right now is some cockney bloke on Ideal World flogging Wiley Fox phones.

Mind you, it’s quite a decent piece of kit for just £99.99, you get the phone and everything you see here for less than a ton, and not only that you can pay in three easy instalments of just £33.33. But not only that, you get a years free screen replacement and a 14day money back guarantee. Where else will you get this much phone for this little money?

I don’t need one. But my god I am impressionable and it would be handy for taking pics of my deep fat fryer, Chef Tony knives, my no spill paint roller and that genuine cubic zirconia studded watch, and the..........

Shine On Harvey Moon must be on somewhere in cable land?
  • myglaren, privatewire, Lacquer Peel and 6 others like this

#84082 OFFLINE   myglaren

myglaren

• Full Members
  • 3,493 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

^ I'm quite picky and only watch stuff on iPlayer and YouTube, the TV is far too much hassle and I can't be doing with adverts.

• LightBulbFun likes this

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.

#84083 OFFLINE   chaseracer

chaseracer

• Staff
  • 13,221 posts
  • 99 thanks
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:19 PM

So that's why you left.... (sad face)

NO - I still miss working with you!  Running the world from our lair by the back staircase  :lol:

However, the VR offer was very compelling...

• Floatylight likes this

#84084 OFFLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 7,738 posts
  • 44 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

That happened to me when i was signing on at the Job Centre years back.

My signing time was 1pm, i was there at 12:50, my advisor had people at her desk all the way through to 1:20. I'd spoken to one of the guards and one of the other advisors telling them i'd been sitting for half an hour.

She gets up, goes away for 10 minutes, at 1:30 she comes back, calls my name and i go over, sit down expecting "i'm really sorry, we're miles behind today"

What did i get?

"Why are you late? your appointment was at 1"

I politely told he i've been sitting for 40 minutes, i was here 10 minutes early, she has had people at her desk then disappeared at 1:20 and i'd been kept waiting.

She then tried to tell me the only reason she was seeing these people was because i wasn't there and accused me of lying and just showing up now

I then pointed out that her version of events was impossible given i could describe the people she'd seen and the fact i knew she'd got up and walked away for 10 minutes, had spoken to the guard and another advisor in between times.

She went and spoke to the advisor and i could see them nodding and pointing where i was sitting...i expect then she'd apologise.

Nope, she sits down and says i'm getting an official warning for time keeping, "Why? it's you that's late?"

Her next angle of attack was how i was dressed, jeans, t-shirt and jumper.... "You should be wearing a suit, if you don't treat signing on as a job interview, you're not signing, that and your time keeping shows you aren't taking this seriously".

I laughed and asked if she was actually being serious now, she was, she refused to let me sign and said i was getting sanctioned with a right to appeal. Laughed, got up and told her to fuck off, went straight to the other advisor who'd just told her i was telling the truth and about the suit thing and they shook their head and basically said "oh ffs, she's on one again, give me your details and i'll note it" He signed me and said to just bring any letters i receive in next time and they'd wipe it off as a Job center error. Which is what happened.

Oddly that advisor was never seen again. Either quit or was sacked.

Sounds like the one in Royston Vasey.
I have two tales from decades ago about job centres- both early retirees before eligible for state pensions.
First was asked what salary he’d take for a job and told them as he’d retired he’d be willing to take a salary reduction to £50k part time ( he’s a lay reader and wasn’t joking - also ran a series of Citroen CXs), the other was my godmother who told them that she couldn’t come in the next week to sign in on as they were going to Venice for a fortnight. Job centre staff a little non plussed.
  • BorniteIdentity and GrumpiusMaximus like this
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#84085 OFFLINE   Mrcento

Mrcento

• Full Members
  • 572 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationDundee

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

told them that she couldn’t come in the next week to sign in on as they were going to Venice for a fortnight. Job centre staff a little non plussed.

Not surprised, i couldn't go in once because i'd snapped a muscle in my back and cracked 2 ribs.

Their response? "Will you be able to come in tomorrow then?"

Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 1.2 16v conversion

#84086 OFFLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 7,394 posts
  • 118 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

After 9 years continuous use my second fix nail gun died from metal fatigue by the look of it, I've not got the luxury of time off to fix it so had to go out and buy a new one.
I had a bit of time tonight so I stripped it and I can order the broken part. A bit of messing with google and the part number showed it was about £20 cheaper to order it from the states even after paying duty and carriage so I did.
Now the grump after ordering I happened to click on a link to a Polish hitachi spares place 123zl including their VAT damn it that's even cheaper.....

#84087 OFFLINE   robinmasters

robinmasters

• Full Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

..he’d take for a job and told them as he’d retired he’d be willing to take a salary reduction to £50k part time ( he’s a lay reader and wasn’t joking...

If there's any truth in that, I'm fucking grumpy.
  • andy18s likes this
I used to have a signature, but now I don't.

#84088 OFFLINE   captain_70s

captain_70s

A Triumphant Moron

• Full Members
  • 2,484 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationWeegietown

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:06 PM

So your employer was looking for somebody who would always take the fall and not bring up shoddy workplace practices?

Sounds like a gr8* work environment.

• DodgeRover, Mrcento and chadders like this

35lR772.jpg

#84089 OFFLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Staff
  • 19,660 posts
  • 128 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:32 PM

Motorway services

I only had about 90 miles of diesel in to get 100 miles home yesterday from Bristol. It was either battle with rush hour traffic to come off the M32 and use Sainsbury's, or stop on the motorway and pay a few* pence more.

Supermarket would have been 131.9
Gloucester services? 155.9

FUCK YOU. You literally have the best delivery network possible and a guaranteed audience. You could probably charge less than a supermarket in a city centre and make it work. How expensive can a delivery be when you're literally being passed by hundreds of tankers a day?

Sausage roll, £2.95. Bottle of Coke, £2. Snickers, £1.09

FUCK YOU AGAIN.
  • Richard, myglaren, Lacquer Peel and 6 others like this

#84090 ONLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

.... Had a weird crush on Janet Ellis when I was younger.

Glued to Blue Peter?

F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pieman, chadders