Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The grumpy thread

• Please log in to reply
84314 replies to this topic

#84061 ONLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 8,248 posts
  • 67 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

Also while I’m here - “Whistle Stop” convenience stores found in train stations.

£3 for a single solitary can of lager or cider

Sainsbury’s Local in the same station - £4 for 4.

1997 R Nissan Primera GT

2002 02 Porsche Boxster S

2016 65 Citroen Relay 2.2 L2H1

2017 17 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access

#84062 ONLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

Dangly Mirrored Sierra Saviour of the year!

• Full Members
  • 4,063 posts
  • 49 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

Is that something you can even do? Does the lender not get a bit twitchy about that

I already owe these folks a FORTUNE but it is mighty tempting.

Quite often a solicitor will be approved to represent a lender anyway. If not, you can use your own solicitor to act for you and a lender’s solicitor ONLY to act on their behalf. It’s a little bit more expensive - but ultimately your solicitor will still report to you and will receive the info from the lender so it’s quite doable. Now I think of it that is what happened with the place we are now in.

1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  234k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  186k|   1989 Mercedes Benz 190 bASe.  97k|   1983 Ford Sierra bASe.  154k|

https://sierrabase.wordpress.com/

#84063 ONLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 8,248 posts
  • 67 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:22 PM

The one I’m currently using is acting on behalf of both myself and the lender

1997 R Nissan Primera GT

2002 02 Porsche Boxster S

2016 65 Citroen Relay 2.2 L2H1

2017 17 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access

#84064 ONLINE   SierraMikeHotel

SierraMikeHotel

Mercedes Wanker

• Full Members
  • 1,761 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationEast Sussex

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

Brexit negotiators think they have a hard job.

They should fucking well try dealing with my mother.

• anonymous user, myglaren, mercrocker and 6 others like this

#84065 OFFLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 6,422 posts
  • 96 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:56 PM

2 years ago:
Apparently giving a large amount of money to a family member with long term drug and alcohol abuse problems and a proven track record of inability to manage financially is a great idea and I'm not a nice person to say it's a train crash waiting to happen.

Today: Can xx borrow xx as they are being evicted next week.

Pass the brick wall to bang my head on please.

Brexit both sides need to say these are our terms and if you don't like it fucking do one.

#84066 OFFLINE   Mally

Mally

• Full Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • 35 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

I imagine you will have a brick lying about somewhere.

What you do with it is your business :)

#84067 ONLINE   SierraMikeHotel

SierraMikeHotel

Mercedes Wanker

• Full Members
  • 1,761 posts
  • 33 thanks
  • LocationEast Sussex

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

Brexit both sides need to say these are our terms and if you don't like it fucking do one.

This comment shows a fundamental misunderstanding of a situation where one side holds all the cards and the other has chosen to shoot itself in the foot.

Exactly like negotiating with my mum, in fact.
  • Vin, privatewire, Lacquer Peel and 4 others like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
GrumpiusMaximus

#84068 OFFLINE   Craig the Princess

Craig the Princess

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts
  • 14 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

Let's not get into Brexit again. Please.
  • wuvvum, chaseracer, The Moog and 8 others like this

Filtered through the Heather!

#84069 OFFLINE   chaseracer

chaseracer

Autoshite HR & Refereeing Solutions Ltd.

• Staff
  • 12,203 posts
  • 80 thanks
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

^ This.

• Pieman and AMC Rebel like this

2018 DS 3 - Domestic Management's staff car

2009 Cannondale Quick CX - too much like hard work
2003 Citroen Berlingo 2.0HDi - buggering on regardless
1995 Peugeot 205 Inca 1.7D - working
1982 Citroen Dyane 6 - hiding...

AS Midland Massiv - in chod we rust...

#84070 OFFLINE   Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling

• Full Members
  • 7,282 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationWorcestershire or İstanbul, Türkiye

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:22 PM

My grump for the day is wanky payment systems in carparks.

I'm in Leeds all week training & as I can't stand trains, they are always late/cancelled/full of annoying morons I'm driving in. The car park I've been using needs payment via an automated phoneline, great until their payment system breaks & it takes 30mins to pay for the day! I even phoned my bank to confirm it wasn't then declining my cards.

Yes I could pay cash on the machine, but that only does by the hour so it'd cost £18. On the phone is £12.25 for the day. I don't know Leeds so I don't know where else to park & neither google maps nor my sat nav can actually manage to tell the truth for a route in to & out of the centre I'm not looking for somewhere else at this time of the week.

This is why I rarely pay for parking, it's too expensive and now too complicated. Usually I'll find an unrestricted side road or the back of shop that has closed down, it usually works. Mind you, Leeds is a pretty shit place to find anywhere to park for free.
  • Angrydicky and Hooli like this
.31109980376_e6f01e6edd_o.jpg

▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░..AUTOSHITE; bringing misery and despair to the world of motoring..░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄

سبحان الله

AUTOSHITES CRUMBLING EXECUSHITE LEAGUE...
'03 BMW 316i SE - ...Daily; needs new expansion tank... :lol:
'97 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Needs; sills, radiator... :|
'95 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Needs; recommissioning... :(
'90 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Needs; head gasket... :sad:
'87 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Needs; reccomissioning... :neutral:
'87 Rover 820E auto - ...Garaged, needs recommissioning... :mrgreen:

#84071 OFFLINE   STUNO

STUNO

Out of the rat race

• Full Members
  • 3,718 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationSouth Waikato

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

I can't pay for parking here. There is not one car park that charges actual money in this town. Woe is me.

• Angrydicky, myglaren, dome and 2 others like this

1994 Mazda Lantis

#84072 OFFLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 4,940 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:54 PM

Well this could be fun, I have won an item on eBay, in the seller's description it had the usual, only serious bidders, item advertised elsewhere, etc. I have contacted the seller to try to arrange collection, I have asked for some contact details and the address, not unreasonable as I will be coming from South Wales to Liverpool, so far, after several back and forth messages, I have a postcode but not an actual address and no phone number, but it will have to be collected before Saturday 4pm. I shall have another go at getting details but it's already winding me up.

#84073 OFFLINE   Pieman

Pieman

• Full Members
  • 108 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:36 PM

Re paying by phone for parking: what do people who don't own a smartphone do?  Like, er, me?

(Nearest largest city to me is Birmingham, and I have often found trying to park there to be such a pisstake that on the occasions I go there I now don't bother driving and go by train instead.  Especially now apparently the whole of the city centre's roads are being bulldozed.)

• Lord Sterling likes this

#84074 ONLINE   Mrcento

Mrcento

• Full Members
  • 170 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDundee

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:04 AM

Well this could be fun, I have won an item on eBay, in the seller's description it had the usual, only serious bidders, item advertised elsewhere, etc. I have contacted the seller to try to arrange collection, I have asked for some contact details and the address, not unreasonable as I will be coming from South Wales to Liverpool, so far, after several back and forth messages, I have a postcode but not an actual address and no phone number, but it will have to be collected before Saturday 4pm. I shall have another go at getting details but it's already winding me up.

At least you got a post code, you're already well ahead of where you'd be if the thing was in Fife.

The absolute best you'd get there is "x miles from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Dundee", if you get enough mileages from enough locations, you have go onto google maps satellite view to try and fucking triangulate the rough location like you're some kind of poundland army major looking for WMD's.

• colc, Angrydicky, catsinthewelder and 2 others like this

Fiat Cinquecento Sporting 1.2 16v conversion, Land Rover Discovery 300tdi

#84075 OFFLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 6,186 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:30 AM

What's the post code and what's the thing you won ? I only ask because a few of us have a Liverpool post code and if it's close might do you a favour.
  • DeeJay likes this

#84076 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 4,922 posts
  • 63 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:01 AM

but it's overdue a service & I want to sort some grot on the oil cooler pipes so I refuse to change the oil & then have to drop it out again.

Lame. Just lame.

:-P

• Hooli likes this

#84077 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,775 posts
  • 169 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

Re paying by phone for parking: what do people who don't own a smartphone do?  Like, er, me?

The same as us with smartphones. Ring the number & type in the various numbers off the sign & your bankcard, it all works on DTMF tones.

• BorniteIdentity likes this
Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Pieman

#84078 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,775 posts
  • 169 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:28 AM

This is why I rarely pay for parking, it's too expensive and now too complicated. Usually I'll find an unrestricted side road or the back of shop that has closed down, it usually works. Mind you, Leeds is a pretty shit place to find anywhere to park for free.

FTFY.

I'd refuse to pay to park if it was my money, but I get it back on expenses as it's a work course.

My view is we've already paid for the roads etc several times so we should be allowed to park on them for free. Also all council car parks we've paid for several times over should be free.

Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#84079 OFFLINE   The Reverend Bluejeans

The Reverend Bluejeans

He's a right bastard.

• Full Members
  • 8,799 posts
  • 48 thanks
  • LocationSheffield On Thames.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Stop singing those shit 70's discoesque songs in that fucking awful warbly voice FFS. Today annoying R2 listeners. A cruise ship awaits. 

Cheers. 

• chaseracer, blakey79, twosmoke300 and 3 others like this

MASTER RACE MOTORS.

1989 F  730i. Prestigious.

1994 M 318Ti - Track whore

2008 Golf GTI 3dr 6spd #VAGWANKER

Money talks, but it don't sing and dance and it don't walk. And long as I can have you here with me, I'd much rather be, the Reverend Bluejeans, babe

#84080 OFFLINE   Pieman

Pieman

• Full Members
  • 108 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

The same as us with smartphones. Ring the number & type in the various numbers off the sign & your bankcard, it all works on DTMF tones.

Aha - I thought you'd have to download a parking company app or something, thankyou.

• Hooli likes this

#84081 ONLINE   Parky

Parky

I don't watch much Television

• Full Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • 84 thanks
  • LocationBut I hear Breaking Bad is very good

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

I am unwell. Sitting here with four layers and a scarf, heating on full and I can’t stop shivering. Plus I have terrible stomachache.

It’s delayed reaction to a massive row with Mrs P on Sunday which is still not resolved, job interview and subsequent decision stress, pressure on current role, non payment of an invoice owed to me and the fact my family are a bunch of mess making lazy bastards.

I had been in a good place for a few weeks but can feel that optimism ebbing away. Whoopee do..
  • jamiewilson likes this

#84082 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 339 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

Like for sympathy...

#84083 ONLINE   colc

colc

• Full Members
  • 3,803 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationThe Garden of Ingerland..........

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Stop singing those shit 70's discoesque songs in that fucking awful warbly voice FFS. Today annoying R2 listeners. A cruise ship awaits. 

Cheers. 

She's far too posh for cruise ships.......Abromovich's yacht a more likely scenario..........

• The Reverend Bluejeans likes this
You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish

#84084 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,775 posts
  • 169 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

Aha - I thought you'd have to download a parking company app or something, thankyou.

That place has the world's worst website, you can't get to the account management pages without the URL as there is no link from the homepage! So I'm glad they don't attempt to make an app.

#84085 OFFLINE   Supernaut

Supernaut

Caffeine-fuelled shitposting.

• Full Members
  • 6,210 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationScreaming into the abyss.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

One of my applications for the forestry commission apprenticeships has been unsuccessful.

Let's wait and see how the other one does, but I'm not hopeful.
I don't have a 320touring, but I have a 320 coupe.

Speak to other shiters on Discord!

#84086 OFFLINE   Lankytim

Lankytim

• Full Members
  • 6,951 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationSorry, this part is no longer available.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

Sat in reception for an interview and the guy is 40 minutes late. How long before I walk out? Don’t mind my current job but it’s nice to have options.

2004 Fiat Multipla JTD, running on Biodiesel

2005 Jaguar X type diesel

1958 Mantaray VW buggy

#84087 ONLINE   Parky

Parky

I don't watch much Television

• Full Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • 84 thanks
  • LocationBut I hear Breaking Bad is very good

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

I had that once before. 2pm meeting scheduled and confirmed, I was leaving at 2.45 when he called the receptionist to say he was going to be another half an hour and would I mind waiting.

I ended up waiting, he didn’t apologise, and the whole thing was a complete waste of time. He told me that he had it in his calendar for 3pm but if that was the case why did he call reception at 2.45 to ask if I was still there?

Trouble is sometimes I wonder if these things are a test - are you patient enough for the role, that sort of thing
  • GrumpiusMaximus likes this

#84088 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 2,085 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Cheers. 

Sophie Ellis-Boxhead's album of minor 70's hits is a lot better than some of the crap R1 plays. Her & her mum in a threesome would be desirable though, provided she didn't start singing. Had a weird crush on Janet Ellis when I was younger.

• The Reverend Bluejeans, alf892 and BorniteIdentity like this

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#84089 OFFLINE   chadders

chadders

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 65 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorth Norfolk

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

I had that once before. 2pm meeting scheduled and confirmed, I was leaving at 2.45 when he called the receptionist to say he was going to be another half an hour and would I mind waiting.

I ended up waiting, he didn’t apologise, and the whole thing was a complete waste of time. He told me that he had it in his calendar for 3pm but if that was the case why did he call reception at 2.45 to ask if I was still there?

Trouble is sometimes I wonder if these things are a test - are you patient enough for the role, that sort of thing

I think that they are used by some 'managers' to see how far they can push you so that they only interview people who won't push back at them if they're employed.

Good manners cost nothing so not to apologise strikes me that you dodged a bullet there.

#84090 OFFLINE   Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

• Full Members
  • 4,794 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationDoing a U turn where possible.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:56 PM

Similar thing happened to me at a job interview back in 1997.
Appointment was at 2pm. I arrived at 1.45 and was directed to a chair in reception. At 2.30 the guy turned up. His first words were "you are late"
Sensing that this 'may' have been a test of some sort I apologised. I got the job and got to know the guy fairly well over the ensuing years. He did admit that it was a test of my reactions to unfair situations.
Nervously prodding at rust since 1978

1979 Triumph Dolomite 1850 HL Auto
2001 Rover 75 2.5 KV6 Connoisseur
2001 Saab 9-3 2.0t Auto Convertible
2002 Saab 9-5 2.3t Auto Estate
2003 Mazda MX-5
2004 Honda Accord 2.0 I Vtec

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

BorniteIdentity, catsinthewelder