Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

1996 - BMW - 750cc - Triple - BMW K75 Ultima - Motorcycle

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Bfg

Bfg

• Full Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • LocationWesterfield, Suffolk, England, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

"The former owner (of this bike) was Mr Ian Gordon Smith who I’ve been advised used to be the regional organiser for the BMW Owners Club in Fife, Scotland."

...its a bloody motor car  ..not a Fabergé egg. !

< Here > is a link to my former Sunbeam S7 / S8 motorcycle restoration business website.

And the story of my buying & now restoring a  1974 Yugoslavian Ami-Super  is < Here >

#32 OFFLINE   Bfg

Bfg

• Full Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • 28 thanks

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

Update ;

The adverts were placed 2 weeks ago today. And aside from two scammers trying to cheat a dear old man (..me) out of the little he owns, I now have two parties showing interest. One I think is a bit of a wheeler dealer and has offered £1600,  and the other is asking sensible questions and I've just sent him a couple of dozen detail photos.  Not sure if he came through < Car and Classic website > or from < ebay > ..as I have my email address in the blurb on both.  C&C shows a price of £1850 or near offer while ebay still has £2000 or offer.  Past experience suggests ebay attracts the opportunist who make daft offers and then still bugger you about, but I've set it to auto accept at £1750..

Bfg.  

nb. Ebay : 828 views and 25 watchers

• RayMK and Hooli like this

< Here > is a link to my former Sunbeam S7 / S8 motorcycle restoration business website.

And the story of my buying & now restoring a  1974 Yugoslavian Ami-Super  is < Here >

#33 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,884 posts
  • 173 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:33 PM

GLWTS

• RayMK likes this
Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

Thanked by 1 Member:
Bfg

#34 OFFLINE   Bfg

Bfg

• Full Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • 28 thanks

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

Deposit has now been taken.

The sale is of course subject to completion but we are hoping that will be on Wednesday.   Unfortunately the weather is turning cold and wet next week for the buyer's 130mile ride home to Farnborough, but at least he'll have heated grips and the fairing to make things a lot more comfortable.

Bfg. :)

• John F, Aston Martin, xtriple and 1 other like this

#35 OFFLINE   Barry Cade.

Barry Cade.

• Full Members
  • 3,694 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • LocationWear the fox hat

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:52 PM

Deposit has now been taken.

The sale is of course subject to completion but we are hoping that will be on Wednesday.   Unfortunately the weather is turning cold and wet next week for the buyer's 130mile ride home to Farnborough, but at least he'll have heated grips and the fairing to make things a lot more comfortable.

Bfg. :)

Nae problem on a big K. I rode mine all year round, even in snow and ice. Wind was another matter with the LT fairing though. Hope it's going to a good home and not getting made into a bloody caff racer.

• Bfg likes this

2002 Shotgun Pinin Animal

2004 Daihatsu Charade SL

2002 Mercedes Vito Traveliner camper

#36 OFFLINE   Bfg

Bfg

• Full Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • 28 thanks

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:13 PM

^ he's postponed pickup to the week after.  And personally I'd do the same on a bike which I'm unfamiliar with.  The bike is capable but he doesn't know that yet. 

He mentioned that he has a BMW LT1200 so I'm thinking he'll use this one for everyday and keep the biker bike for longer distance jaunts.  However it is of course up to him, but he'd be daft to buy an Ultima when a cheap bare-bike K75 would suffice if he was intending to customise it.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users