Xtriple does it again... folly, folly, woe is me!

xtriple

This is excellent! I had a 1980 XJ-S which was pre HE spec, fuel economy was somewhere between the carb version and the later injected ones at a steady 10mpg.

Despite that it was a brilliant car to own and I had several memorable drives in it...

Driving along the M69 and squeezing it up to 145mph

Cruising at a very relaxed 120mph

Accidentally catching up with a police car with its blue lights on

Going to a party with 3 women in the back seat

Oddly, not driven it since it came home! Dog is ill (very bad leg) and today my son was coming, I have loads of pictures of the XJ-S with his X308. I did a few jobs to it this morning before he turned up: fixed the central locking which worked to begin with then stopped, dirty fuse ( I expect a LOT of those!) did a bodge on the brake fluid switch as red lights annoy me, a new one is required and selection of new rad caps... they seem to be weeping but they are the originals so 33 years old! I went out at about 11:00 last night and became sure it wouldn't start today as the stereo was lit up like the illuminations, tried but couldn't get it to switch off. It started fine though so I was wrong, but it needs looing at but I have to keep it - original Jaguar fitment!

I like it no end, will take it out tomorrow with (probably just Chester) and attempt to get over the 'fear!'