Xtriple does it again... folly, folly, woe is me!

xtriple

What did it go for? Prices are definitely on the rise for these old dollops and dealers want lots for them if they are tidy.

There were 4 X V12 XJ-S.

Cheapest went for £2100.

Others were £3400,£9450 and £16500

I can't vouch for the condition as I wasn't there.

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/results/results-from-saturday-25th-august-2018/?orderText=sortOrder&searchText=Jaguar#

There were some cheap Bentleys too. ;-)

I think they are 'Coopers' tyres which I thought were okay? I was too impressed with the state of the wheels to actually look at the tyres other than to stick a digit in to see if they had tread. I don't think the last owner was all that bothered as he just used it for shows, smokey burnouts on the showground tend to be frowned upon!  :) 

Absolute bargain!

Brother had one 22 years ago- B20 XJS. Again a V12- remember going to jJaguar meeting in one of the plants in Birmingham or Coventry and someone saying to us "glad you've got a V12- the others are half the cylinders and half the car".

Went like the clappers-I had series 3 Interceptor at the same time. How things change!

Steve

Legend? Me? Only in my own imagination sadly :( My only excuse is my complete disregard for reality and a continuing faith in the might of the British motor industry that they MUST have turned out at least one decent car at some point in the past. So, far I have been proved wrong...

I just remembered that it was one of these that the news was delivered to my (then) wife that she was pregnant (I got sent in to the chemists to get the results as she was afraid to, she really wanted to be pregnant... she was natch') so this car is two years older than my son!

Already contemplating how much it will cost to have the rust sorted on the wing and rear arch. I am incapable of being sensible!

Good show sir, I always liked these from the get-go, never understood the criticism of a car so futuristic looking at the time :)

Haven't had one, probably never will, but I did have a six litre xj12 which was all I was warned it would be, complicated and prone to *fascinating mechanical and electrical issues!

Many moons ago I was a salesman at Comet, and a nice lady rocked up in a lovely white one, and I managed to drop a tumble dryer straight in the boot for her, it was cavernous and from that moment on I had proper respect for them :)

I seem to define myself by my car, shit car, shit mood!

I had quite a few of these when they were new(ish) and I was a lot richer than I am now, including a brand new 3.6 sportpack which was, without a doubt, the worst car I had ever had... bviously since surpassed by that shitheap Bentley!  I always loved the V12 but they are a sod to work on, starter motor is a  bonnet off job and then every extension Halfords have ever sold and a few wobble drives to get the socket through the exhaust manifolds to the bolts.

Changing the plugs involves much the same same amount of faffing..........used to have a series 1 v12 XJ..........with carbs..........when proceeding with some alacrity, the fuel gauge would actually move downwards before your very eyes.............