Xtriple does it again... folly, folly, woe is me!

xtriple

Amazingly, all the chrome is good, bit 'polished out' in places but no rust. There is always rust on the chrome bits!

Windows work (fast!) brakes are heavy but good and she seems to have a bit of poke  her :)  The guy has used her purely for going to shows for the last 10 years which is why it's done so few miles. Madness, drive the sod. Its had welding done to the rear trailing arm pick up points and judging by the paintwork on the rear of the drivers side sill(cill) some work there as well. Really sound and looks great.

About time you got back into a decent motor!

Many years ago (19 to be precise) I had a D plate one of those. Oh my! Superb car, and ruinously expensive. I eventually swapped it for an immaculate 205 GTi 1.9 which got sold on when I started my business.

The only car I have had since that compares for pleasure, and indeed wallet raping, is my Bentley T2 Turbo. Perhaps you should try a Bentley? Oh, wait....

Good choice, looks a good'un and I am sure will bring you lots of pleasure. Jealous.

About time you got back into a decent motor!

Many years ago (19 to be precise) I had a D plate one of those. Oh my! Superb car, and ruinously expensive. I eventually swapped it for an immaculate 205 GTi 1.9 which got sold on when I started my business.

The only car I have had since that compares for pleasure, and indeed wallet raping, is my Bentley T2 Turbo. Perhaps you should try a Bentley? Oh, wait....

Good choice, looks a good'un and I am sure will bring you lots of pleasure. Jealous.

I seem to define myself by my car, shit car, shit mood!

I had quite a few of these when they were new(ish) and I was a lot richer than I am now, including a brand new 3.6 sportpack which was, without a doubt, the worst car I had ever had... bviously since surpassed by that shitheap Bentley!  I always loved the V12 but they are a sod to work on, starter motor is a  bonnet off job and then every extension Halfords have ever sold and a few wobble drives to get the socket through the exhaust manifolds to the bolts.

Thanks for that, good read and seems to bear out what the owner said, though he said REG was the first owner. I shall peruse V5 when I get it. Was going to be tonight but I seem to be having fun getting at the dosh! So tomorrow... maybe.

Nice looking Jag.

I noticed a V12 XJS in the Anglia classic auction recently that went for a reasonable price. Glad I wasn't there or I might have done something silly.

And the are only 2 petrol stations between ACA and my house so God knows how I would have got it home.

Nice looking Jag.

I noticed a V12 XJS in the Anglia classic auction recently that went for a reasonable price. Glad I wasn't there or I might have done something silly.

And the are only 2 petrol stations between ACA and my house so God knows how I would have got it home.

What did it go for? Prices are definitely on the rise for these old dollops and dealers want lots for them if they are tidy.