Matty's stuff - Golf gone

Matty

Been on here a little while now and having had a short lesson in using computers I felt it time to throw myself to the wolves. This is the stuff I currently own and at least two possibly three seem to enrage many on the forum! Taking a deep breath here goes.

post-26137-0-79652800-1536520667_thumb.jpgpost-26137-0-83699400-1536520781_thumb.jpg

This is the culmination of a long held ambition for me. Replacing a lovely E39 that's now in Poland (!!??!) It fits with most of the stuff that I buy in that I've wanted one for years. It had to wait till I could afford. Getting two genuine front wings in the new year but otherwise grot free. It's a clubsport as well so I haven't glued that spoiler on it really came new like that!

post-26137-0-37479300-1536521118_thumb.jpg

Wifes car. £400!! Yes £400. Bit scabby in spots but bombs through mots. 20vt with coilovers so not so roly-poly and importantly still on a cable instead of fly by wire (not a huge fan of ECUs telling me what I wanted to do). Honestly drives like a new car. I know there's much dislike for mark 4s but they were a genuinely well made thing in my opinion If this 20 year old high mileage banger is anything to go by. Oh and the sticker isn't for show it went from Lancashire to the nurburgring 2 years ago, did a few laps with all the luggage in the boot till the brakes disappeared then drove home!

And hot on the heels of the much derided MK4, the car which killed the GTi

post-26137-0-29606300-1536521642_thumb.jpg

Owned nearly 5 years now since my uncle dragged it out of a backyard in Preston and did a lot of degrotting on. Was my daily car till Easter this year when it was usurped by the E46. Coilovers again to stop it rolling over and an exhaust built up from various stainless bits bought off scrappers. Loud and childish it's my link to the best years at the end of the 90s when I was late teens early 20s and buying old hot hatches for nowt (best was a zx volcane in white). Currently on my grand drive but going back on the road soon to save the BMW from winter. Love it and not sure if I can be parted from.

post-26137-0-17033200-1536522112_thumb.jpg

Servetta jet 200 (Spanish built gp200) I built for my dad 10 years ago now. Like riding a vibrator but nice to look at. I still have a 1990 Kawasaki zxr750 H2 as well which I gave up on when the youngest started nursery and had to buy a second car (under a sheet and staying there for the foreseeable cos me bottles gone). Very German heavy on the. Car front but in my defence it's a coincidence I've had Fiat's Citroen's Renault's and so on.

That's it be gentle please lads

Mk3 is my favourite GTI, I had one for nearly 10 years until someone drove into it and it got scrapped. For the last 2 years of it's life it had a box & final drive from a Mk2 GTI (due to diff exploding) and as it was geared much lower than standard made it more fun! Mine was Dragon Green, but I prefer yours.

Mk3 is my favourite GTI, I had one for nearly 10 years until someone drove into it and it got scrapped. For the last 2 years of it's life it had a box & final drive from a Mk2 GTI (due to diff exploding) and as it was geared much lower than standard made it more fun! Mine was Dragon Green, but I prefer yours.

Thanks mine even has a pastal pink roof!

BMW really but there two different things so it's nice to have a change. It's just a 330ci but it's a clubsport so it features a load of bolt on tat that makes it look faster. They deleted about 20 odd kilos of sound deadening to lighten it then put leccy seats in it that weigh shitloads. Genius plan.

I didn’t know the cs was a thing. Surefire investment IMO. Maybe the cs spec was engineer lead and finished off by the marketing dept. Hence the noble weight saving intentions with levy windows chucked in at the 11th hour. I suppose plexiglass with slots cut in is a hard sell for 99% Of customers.

Happy to hear more about any of these! I have a Corsa B in my fleet, probably the most unpopular car on here but I still managed to persuade 2 other solid-gold shiters to help me change the lego-set of an engine!

Is a Corsa B the first UK Corsa (buggly eyes)?