1980 Citroën Acadiane | 1967 Citroen Ami 6

meshking

About two weeks ago this vehicle was inadvertently advertised by stinkwheel on here. Having recognised this vehicle from my time as moderator on the 2cvgb forum, and having seen it change hands then, I was interested.

A flurry of pm's saw a seed planted in my mind. We've got some building work to do at home - so what better way to help this than to buy a van that hadn't been on the road for 8 years?

Amazingly, my wife thought it a good idea too, and we discussed the proposition with our children. A family fun bus? Why not! My 5 year old son was keen, my 9 year old daughter much less so.

Anyway - wingz123 delivered the mucky beast to my drive this afternoon. Thank you very much sir, lovely to meet you!

So here we are, project acadiane after a quick jetwash.

9f1a992eb4b0d49bf3d3392714d97b47.jpg

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

Liking the seats and the World meeting gear knob. Looks like a good project assuming the chassis is OK, enjoy it and good luck with the work needed. The Acadiane is the king of the A series Citroen vans, rides well, roomiest cab and a bit streamlined (keep it in proportion) compared to the AKS400 brick.

Was both a pleasure to meet you Matt (stinkwheel) and you too Ben (Meshking). In comparison to Brammy’s XM this was certainly a lot easier going on my winch! Lol. Glad too it has gone to a good home - seeing the reactions on the kids faces (and the neighbours ha!) when I pulled up was great!

Here are a few pre-wash (I like to call barn-find raw) photos....

post-24460-0-13317000-1536509014_thumb.jpeg

post-24460-0-51062400-1536509051_thumb.jpeg

post-24460-0-64248900-1536509086_thumb.jpeg

post-24460-0-64314300-1536509122_thumb.jpeg

post-24460-0-59115300-1536509151_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for all the kind words!

I managed to pull a panel off earlier... And noticed that the rear brake pipe has been cut.

There is a lot of surface rust on the chassis, so my first task will be to the van up into the air, run a cup brush over it and industrial quantities of vactan.

I'm afraid it will be painted at some point - but it's not high on the list.

It is indeed! No snails left on the side though. Just some very thick dulux.

You can blame chapman for that. I was going to include the tub of dulux that I inherited with it In the back of the van, but it had gone all separated and hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the kind words!

I managed to pull a panel off earlier... And noticed that the rear brake pipe has been cut.

There is a lot of surface rust on the chassis, so my first task will be to the van up into the air, run a cup brush over it and industrial quantities of vactan.

I'm afraid it will be painted at some point - but it's not high on the list.

Ah, whoops, I forgot about brake pipe. It’s because the load sensor was totally seized. And then promptly lost. That may have been why it came off the road in fact, but 8/9 years is a long time to remember exactly. If you need brake pipes making up, let me know sizes and I can sort out the weird Citroen 3.5mm stuff.

Ah, whoops, I forgot about brake pipe. It’s because the load sensor was totally seized. And then promptly lost. That may have been why it came off the road in fact, but 8/9 years is a long time to remember exactly. If you need brake pipes making up, let me know sizes and I can sort out the weird Citroen 3.5mm stuff.

No worries. I noticed the sensor was missing yesterday, so I figured there must have been something up in that area.

I was pleased to see the access was easier to the rear cross member than on a 2cv. Also fuel tank removal looks much easier :)