2001 Suzuki Wagon R - Sometimes for sale.

pandamonium

Starting to look into the various noises this car makes. The brakes grind squeal, rattle and groan, depending on what the car feels like. I reckon a lot will be cured with new pads, but today found out there are two possible types of pads that my car may have. So will have to take it off the road to find out.

Another noise is a bearing type rattle, which seems to be engine speed related. I'm guessing timing belt tensioner, so a belt change might be on the agenda. 

Finally, I got that bloody cd out of the head unit, but in doing so I cracked the cd (no great loss) and damaged the cd player, so it will now not accept cds at all. The radio won't pick up a signal either, so I'm stuck listening to all the other noises this car makes. 

Ps. I did add a very chavvy k&n style air filter I had in the cupboard. Not through choice, just cheaper than buying one... 

dont pay suzuki prices,pauxhall agila are the same bar the engine,ive sold quite a few of these,agilia seem to get stronger money,even tho theyre engines are shite,ie timing chains rattle etc etc suzys belt easy to do,coil packs rarely go wrong,just change sparkies,suzys seem to rust more underneath,never had to do agilia,so swings,roundabouts really,rear brake drums abs,non abs fit and cheaper if needed.

1.3. Not sure of the origin 

That's the G13BB engine, I have the same unit in mine. May I bother you with an request? My dipstick might not be the original one, it's bended and I'm not sure I read it correctly. Could you take a picture of the yellow tipped culprit next to a ruler, so I could see the how far from the collar it's the first marking on it?

Oh, and by the way: this engine has a bad habit of going trough valve stem seals. Did you managed to score a 4x4 one? If so, rear drums are completely different from the ones on Agila and 4x2 wagons, and in Romania made of Unobtanium.

Done around 1000 miles in this so far.

Things to report.

- Fuel economy doesn't seem to be amazing, but haven't done a proper check yet.

- It is bloody scary at motorway speed, stability is worrying to say the least.

- I've been told of someone who reached 100mph and their whole life flashed in front of them. (Not me, obviously, that would be irresponsible.)

- It doesn't handle well, roundabouts and corners are best approached gently.

- It is very 'agricultural' to drive, more like a small van than anything of any luxury. Fine once you get used to it.

Faults:

Engine light. Doesn't affect running so not a priority right now.

Passenger window sticks partway down.

Driver side electric mirror isn't working. Was when I got it though.

Slight dent/scratch to nearside rear arch, rust has been treated though.

All in all, a good purchase.

Ah you’ve done the plates.....Can sleep now ;)

Looks a lot tidier and smarter with trims and plates done

Just need to get rid of that debadged residue with some Autosmart Tardis....you will need very little effort to remove that

Thanks, will try that. Is it bigger on the inside of the bottle?

attachicon.gifIMG_20181010_201606.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181010_201617.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181010_201622.jpg

Hope that's of some use. And no, mine is not a 4x4, wish it was though! 

It's perfect, thank you!

I get out of mine about 25-28 MPG in city driving, AND ABOUT 40 mpg once I get to the fields (at 100 kmh). Tops speed stated is 150 kmh, fastest I went in it is 120 kmh. A bit scary, even on widest possible tyres (165 is the widest, imagine that).