Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ask a Shiter

• Please log in to reply
21067 replies to this topic

#21061 OFFLINE   Mally

Mally

• Full Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • 39 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 PM

In front of myself here, but I see a problem.

Have a 75 on Classic insurance, 3000 miles a year, must have use of another car.

My other car, wife's motability, will be going back.

Thus I have no 'other car' and 3000 miles will not be sufficient,

I'm answering my own question here, but obviously I need to contact my insurer, and expect my premium to rise from £200 to £1000+ as I have no NCB.

There is a possibility I can get some sort of NCB entitlement from the Motability insurers, we will see.

I do have a bus pass, my next door neighbour has kindly explained what I do with it, as I've not been on a bus for 30 years.

#21062 OFFLINE   Tickman

Tickman

• Full Members
  • 2,094 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationDundee

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Have a 75 on Classic insurance, 3000 miles a year, must have use of another car.
I'm answering my own question here, but obviously I need to contact my insurer, and expect my premium to rise from £200 to £1000+ as I have no NCB.
There is a possibility I can get some sort of NCB entitlement from the Motability insurers, we will see.
I do have a bus pass, my next door neighbour has kindly explained what I do with it, as I've not been on a bus for 30 years.

If you have access to any other vehicle at all, insured on your son's for example, then that would technically meet the requirement.
The insurance company should give a no claims entitlement for years of use, they did for Marianne after just being named.

1968 Morris Minor 1000
1972 Triumph Toledo
1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1
1986 Talbot Express Camper

1988 Peugeot 205 (Chuck's)
2001 Renault Clio (Meg's)
2003 Skoda Octavia

#21063 ONLINE   Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

GM free since 89

• Full Members
  • 7,369 posts
  • 54 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 PM

I found myself in this situation after about 15 years of cars on classic policies then insuring one a mere 17 years old. I phoned a few brokers and found a couple who contacted insurers explaining my situation. In the end I had to sign a declaration stating that I had not had any accidents/ claims in the last ten years and giving permission for them to access the insurers database to confirm this (no idea why as I thought they could do that anyway). They then ‘mirrored’ no claims discount whilst I built it up in the more traditional way. After three years of that I found a company who were just happy to give me max discount.

#21064 OFFLINE   Mally

Mally

• Full Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • 39 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 05:04 PM

If you have access to any other vehicle at all, insured on your son's for example, then that would technically meet the requirement.
The insurance company should give a no claims entitlement for years of use, they did for Marianne after just being named.

I am insured on my sons Tranny Van.

Am sure they said had to live at the same address though, and not sure they will take a van, but worth an ask.

• Tickman likes this

#21065 ONLINE   320touring

320touring

Picasso Licker

• Full Members
  • 10,444 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationDoing the school run

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

Here's one for the assembled crowd..

At motorway speeds (60mph+), the steering on the Merc feels a bit 'vague and twitchy'

No obvious thinks/bangs etc from balljoints, could it be the steering box needing adjusted?
Read about my chod based adventures here:
http://fuguttycars.wordpress.com/

#21066 OFFLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 6,655 posts
  • 101 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Here's one for the assembled crowd..

At motorway speeds (60mph+), the steering on the Merc feels a bit 'vague and twitchy'

No obvious thinks/bangs etc from balljoints, could it be the steering box needing adjusted?

Try a touch lower on the tyre pressures

#21067 ONLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Staff
  • 18,425 posts
  • 102 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted Yesterday, 10:26 PM

https://www.motabili...-car/insurance/

When leasing a car through the Motability Scheme you do not accrue a personal no-claims bonus. However, for the majority of customers, RSA Mobility (RSAM) provide a letter that you can send to your new insurer. Many insurers accept this as proof of your claims history.

To request a copy of this claims history letter for yourself or a named driver please contact RSAM by emailOpens email client or by calling 0300 037 3737 .

• Hooli likes this

#21068 ONLINE   320touring

320touring

Picasso Licker

• Full Members
  • 10,444 posts
  • 34 thanks
  • LocationDoing the school run

Posted Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Try a touch lower on the tyre pressures

Noted cheers, will check
Read about my chod based adventures here: