Beer money E46 Touring bits

Mike D

Anyone need any parts off a 2001 E46 318i (2.0) Touring?

I bought this to haul our Lab puppy about last year, and he has pretty much demolished it. Add to that a very baggy front suspension and needing new brakes, I reckon its time is done.

Wheels, gearbox and linkage are gone, Drivers front wing is bollocksed but the rest of the panels are pretty reasonable. It's Titan Silver. Anyone need anything for a car that's too shit for autoshite? It's getting torn to bits over the weekend and scrapped next week so let me know if anything can help anyone out. Big stuff will need collecting from DN33 or DN40, I could post small stuff for postage/

Cheers Shiters!

Mike

Gents,

Interior is cloth, i assume its meant to be either blueish or grey but its mega faded, the boot is done for the pooch has eaten it all!

PBK how much of the leccy window stuff do you need?

Schaefft the wheel is the one with stereo and cruise controls on, ill take a pic tomorrow. Car has 132k on so all the stuff has the appropriate amount of wear

Some coins there. Remove the electric window switches, steering wheel, GM5 module behind the glovebox, steering rack (£60), tailgate hinges (25 quid each), cut the cat off (£50), cam cover £25, Vanos units £25 each, VVT sensor £25, bonnet £40, diff £50 and so on. If the engine is really good (quiet and not pissing oil out), that's £250. 

Cheers for the advice Rev! Engine rattles like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin, and blows oil into your face with the oil cap off so I reckon its done for :shock:

mrbenn, I need the sensors for my coupe if they will fit it, if not i'll let you know. Air bag light is off :) Where do the pre tensioners live?

Can't imagine the sensors will be different so they should fit your Coupe.

The pre tensioners are on the side of each front seat, by the seat belt buckle. Actually, I think they're part of the seat belt buckle.

This may help!

https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/techarticles/BMW-3-Series-E46/88-BODY-Front_Seat_and_Buckle_Replacement/88-BODY-Front_Seat_and_Buckle_Replacement.htm

Some coins there. Remove the electric window switches, steering wheel, GM5 module behind the glovebox, steering rack (£60), tailgate hinges (25 quid each), cut the cat off (£50), cam cover £25, Vanos units £25 each, VVT sensor £25, bonnet £40, diff £50 and so on. If the engine is really good (quiet and not pissing oil out), that's £250.

Can see the sense in taking the easy bits off but I wouldn’t be crawling under the car to drop the diff for the chance of getting £50 on the diff. Then have some nobsack ask if I could post it.

I'll get to it on Monday as I'm away this weekend.

Bren, no Haribo but there's a half eaten packet of fruit pastilles in the centre console?.... :D

Sierraman is right, i'll chop the cat off but I'm not knacking around with the diff and steering rack, bollocks to that!