Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Maurice thousand to go. FREE MOTORING.

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   dome

dome

• Full Members
  • 2,687 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • LocationPeoples Republic of Fife

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

I need something like this in my life at some point.

#32 OFFLINE   Crooner

Crooner

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

I can only agree with the fact that they are a hoot to drive. As to not wanting to use it all the time, I can honestly say that it’s a much nicer car by using it, Those little bushes on the clutch lever were well worn when I changed the clutch. That is one of the nice things about a Minor, me and my mate started to do the clutch at 10 in the morning, found a list of worn and broken bits whilst doing it, went to Moss, who had everything in stock, got back and was driving it by 3 o’clock! Try that with your modern!
  • Dead_E23, loserone, Dick Longbridge and 6 others like this

#33 OFFLINE   flat4alfa

flat4alfa

• Full Members
  • 9,131 posts
  • 36 thanks
  • LocationMoving even further way from Gunsmoke Luton soon

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:02 PM

I presume this has gone now?

Leyland Princess 2, Alfa 33 Mk1 with cloverleafs of gold, Rover R8 T-series, Alfa 156 Wagon, , funny face Multipla, 80s Honda Aerodeck 
Citroen C5 WagonBMW E39 SEBMW E46 TourerRover 75 CDTiVauxhall FB VX4/90, Daimler XJ40AvantimeX1/9Alfa 146 boxer, Acclaim, XM veg, Maxi, Alfa 6, Alfa 33 QV, Alfa 155, TreviBeta SaloonsLandcrab, P6BRover R8 dervs, FuegoAlfasuds128, 131 and everything else

#34 OFFLINE   Crooner

Crooner

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:39 AM

No, it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Here are a few more pics of the worst bits. Constructive criticism welcome.

Morris 1.jpg

hole under the drivers wing.

Morris 2.jpg

Crack in the front wing.

Morris 3.jpg

solid floors, and dry still, even in the shite weather.

Morris 4.jpg

The worst bit, I suppose. Shocker mount.

Morris 5.jpg

Morris 6.jpg

If there is anything else you need to know best ringing, as I really don't get on here too often.

07799 497683.

Ta.

• Dick Longbridge likes this

#35 OFFLINE   MarvinsMom

MarvinsMom

• Full Members
  • 6,540 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationNorth Yorks

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:45 AM

i really love a morris thou' but i have to say that crusty-ness would have me runnng for the hills, much less driving it!

maybe i'm a wuss, but that does look quiet bad..... :-(

Current Fleet-
1974 Mini 1000 PROJECT
1996 Lexus Ls400 IT LIVES!!
2001 Rover 75 CDT Tourer
1997 Rover Mini Cooper Sport
1995 Jaguar XJR-6 SOLD
1989 Austin Metro

#36 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

Rank: Glasses, bottles, bottles filter tips. John Player Special

• Staff
  • 40,486 posts
  • 169 thanks
  • LocationAudi wanker

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

Please roffle it!
  • loserone likes this
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#37 OFFLINE   Talbot

Talbot

Express

• Full Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Locationdowel.

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

Whilst the crustiness is a bit of an issue, for someone who can wield a grinder and a welder A maurice is a very easy thing to repair. Most of the floor and construction is flat sheet, and even if there is curvature, it's generally single meaning if you introduce a clubhammer into your repair toolkit, you're fine.

Even that pulled-out damper mounting looks fairly easily repairable.
Current fleet:  Mercedes.  Xantia.  Berlingo.  Discovery.  Forward Control.  Nova. Historic shite.

#38 OFFLINE   Crooner

Crooner

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

I have no qualms about roffling it, but it'd have to be £22 a ticket! Would that work?

• Squire_Dawson and Cavcraft like this

#39 OFFLINE   Talbot

Talbot

Express

• Full Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Locationdowel.

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:22 AM

I have no qualms about roffling it, but it'd have to be £22 a ticket! Would that work?

With the repair work that is needed, your market is somewhat more limited. I suspect a Roffle is not the right way to go on this. How about Marque-specific forum, or a well-known classics publication? Minors are usually very easy to sell to the right people.
Current fleet:  Mercedes.  Xantia.  Berlingo.  Discovery.  Forward Control.  Nova. Historic shite.

#40 OFFLINE   Crooner

Crooner

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 43 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

It shouldn't be a problem to move on. I'm not in a desperate rush. I'll still use it over this winter if the 16 isn't finished, as that was what I originally bought it for. I haven't MIG welded before, but I have done a bit of gas in the past. Surely it can be THAT hard to master? Have you seen some of the monkeys who seem able a do it! With the boot and wheels painted it'll go on 'tebay for probably double this. But I just thought I'd offer it on here if someone else wants the fun* of doing it. It really isn't a bad car, and is solid in the important bits. We'll see.

#41 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 9,185 posts
  • 90 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

I wish my 1100 had that little rust and ease of repairs. Even with my limited MIG experience and very (very) slow speed of working, I reckon I could get that fixed up no problem in a weekend or two.
  • Cavcraft likes this
Oldies: 1972 Austin 1100 2dr - Project Rust bucket, 1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
Moderns: 2008 Audi TT - Utterly boring but very compentent, 2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying.

#42 OFFLINE   Talbot

Talbot

Express

• Full Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Locationdowel.

Posted 21 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

I haven't MIG welded before, but I have done a bit of gas in the past. Surely it can be THAT hard to master?

There's a dedicated welding thread in open forums, but..

Actually, the welding bit isn't the hard bit. The hard bit is all the grinding, cutting, fabricating, folding and general pissing about that is needed for you to have a new bit of metal ready to weld into the car.

Mig Welding isn't too hard, but you absolutely need to have a practice on clean smooth metal first, get the hang of how to identify if you are too hot/cold too fast/slow too much/too little amperage or too high/too low voltage. Once you can weld on the bench, then you can try doing it upside down on your back under a car with spatter spraying in your hair and large gobs of white-hot metal burning holes in your ears.
  • Dead_E23, Tickman and Tamworthbay like this

#43 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

Major want. Can't afford.

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#44 OFFLINE   Squire_Dawson

Squire_Dawson

• Full Members
  • 2,422 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

There is nothing on these cars that can't be repaired. The rot is just par for the course and easily repaired, because TADTS.

Squeak, rattle and roll.

Thanks restorer.

Save the Pangolins.

Current shite:

1952 Morris Oxford Series MO - Sidevalve Shite

1959 Humber Super Snipe - Gas guzzler

1962 Morris 1000 Traveller - English Tudorbethan

1975 Austin Allegro 1100 DL - m'Lod

Please look out for hedgehogs!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users