Potentially for sale, but no idea of value. Rover 75. Now actually for sale..

Bobthebeard

Change of circumstances means selling all but two of my cars. We are hoping to move house. The next car to go is the Rover 75. 2.5 V6. 107,000 miles with timing belts, water pump etc done at 95,000 ish. Documented. Also thermostat housing replaced last year.

British Racing Green with tan (beige) leather interior. In beautiful condition with just the odd mark/scratch on the body. MOT expired in June but has been stored since last December unused. 2001 Connoisseur. Private Reg. G10 SAT.

Not a for sale post as such, but any pointers on value? Stands me at £900 ish currently. Realistic?

Will have a full MOT when up for sale!

I have no idea on value but it always amuses me when people say "it owes me...£X..." or in your case "Stands me at £900..."

A case in point. I am holding some Carillon shares which cost me £50k...

It that relevant to the current value??

I guess what ever it's worth without an mot for £50 you could double its value.

It will have a full MOT once up for sale!

It owes me £900 so that would be the asking price really....

Sorry if that confused/amused/annoyed you!

:-)

You might be confused at what I'm getting at.

Value is not related to what it owes you.

It might be that it's worth 1500 quid or it might be that it's worth 50p but that has nothing to do with how much it cost you.

Another case in point.

My house cost me £56k in 1998. Over the years i think i have spent 40k on it. It owes me just shy of 100k. it probably worth 190k (plus or minus about 10k).

If it were only worth 50k and i could get my dream home for 80k (instead of 350k) is happily sell at a loss.

You might be confused at what I'm getting at.

Value is not related to what it owes you.

It might be that it's worth 1500 quid or it might be that it's worth 50p but that has nothing to do with how much it cost you.

Another case in point.

My house cost me £56k in 1998. Over the years i think i have spent 40k on it. It owes me just shy of 100k. it probably worth 190k (plus or minus about 10k).

If it were only worth 50k and i could get my dream home for 80k (instead of 350k) is happily sell at a loss.

Lol...

Ok. Maybe I worded it badly. I was saying that it stands me at £900. I was wondering if that was a realistic price to ask for it now. It actually stands me at more than that, but man maths enters the equation.

Jeez...

So.... It is now for sale at £900. It will have 12 months MOT.

Clear? Hopefully..

Lol...

Ok. Maybe I worded it badly. I was saying that it stands me at £900. I was wondering if that was a realistic price to ask for it now. It actually stands me at more than that, but man maths enters the equation.

Jeez...

So.... It is now for sale at £900. It will have 12 months MOT.

Clear? Hopefully..

The price sounds right. And nice that you won't have lost much if anything.

I like to justify any loss by giving it a £/mile figure. I like to think that anything over 10p is too much. if i scrapped the mv6 tomorrow it would be 3p a mile.