Fleet Cull 1986 Renault 11 Auto £850, Basingstoke.

bramz7

• 4 weeks later...

BMW was sold and collected on the weekend, thank you.

R11 was meant to be the same, but no contact, no show.

So seeing as I operate on a 'first to actually give me money' basis it's still for sale.

It's now £850 as it does run well and it was a bit too cheap.

No swaps.

Managed to flood it the other day but it's working fine now. Gearbox still works, ride is still absurdly soft.

Edited to add there is a potential earth issue with the rear lights as the brake lights don't seem to work...but the reverse and indicators do.

It's one of them mate - an interesting old car which technically should be worth your asking all day long. BUT...hard to reconcile myself to the fact that I would have been paid to take it away 10 years ago / could buy an MOT'D Vel Satis for £500. £675 a bit too cheap you say? Probably not. Imho, this is gonna command £600 once bargaining is allowed for. GLWTS - why not keep it?

It's one of them mate - an interesting old car which technically should be worth your asking all day long. BUT...hard to reconcile myself to the fact that I would have been paid to take it away 10 years ago / could buy an MOT'D Vel Satis for £500. £675 a bit too cheap you say? Probably not. Imho, this is gonna command £600 once bargaining is allowed for. GLWTS - why not keep it?

Meh.

I could have bought an XR2i for £500 in 2001. They’re now £5k. What of it? It’s irrelevant what things once were (my parents bought their first house for £9,000).

You need one buyer for a car. One. Compared with another example just listed at £2000 on eBay, this is extremely good value.

The market will decide its value, but it’s certainly above £500 based on comparable cars being bought and sold today.

I can honestly say - I looked this over the other day when munchkin drooled over it. If it were mine and they tried to get me down to less than 800 I'd be laughing in their ill-informed faces......... sorry. 

That car is a belter....... 

GLWTS BramFella..... munchkin said if he doesn't get a Lamborghini when he's older - he wants the Renault!

An impressive 22.84mph/1000rpm according to a Renault 5 press pack I just found online (the internet is amazing!). That means just over 3000rpm at 70. Not bad. Usual, and unusual issue is that there's nothing on the fleet I actually want to part with at the moment, and no space (still haven't actually got all the cars I own back home!).