Fleet Cull 1986 Renault 11 Auto £850, Basingstoke.

bramz7

BMW sold and collected, thanks.

The Renault 11 has been with me for over a month now and I have driven it back from Cornwall and about 5 miles since, I just don't get urges to go out in it. That's not right really. It needs to be enjoyed as it's a really nice example, and possibly the only one in the colour left.

Copy and paste from C&C again, sorry.

I have decided to part ways with my Renault 11. I bought it a short while ago from down in Cornwall and drove it over 200 miles back to mine. It performed impeccably, although given its low mileage for its age, and fact it probably never left Cornwall in its lifetime, I took it easy.

Unusual colour, of which I believe is called Eméraude (927). Common on an R4, but seemingly almost unheard of an R11.

The 3 speed automatic gearbox works well, changing up and down when it should, the kickdown also works fine. Creeps fine in gear, and doesn't roll on hills. I would recommend a fluid change merely because I have no idea when it was last done.

Engine temperatures were fine when it drove back, a bit higher on hills and in traffic but the cooling fan does work! It was an especially hot day when I got it.

Front electric windows, plush feeling seats, alloy wheels, but no central locking and no rev counter, not that it matters with an automatic.

Very little in the way of rust on the surface, one of the front door hinges (passenger side) has got a bit crusty, but arches are fine and under the bonnet is amazingly clean.

There is one roof gutter trim missing.

The clock does not work.

One of the rear lights may have a bad connection as it's completely gone out.

Front wings have dents on them, no broken paint but the dents will need some bodywork in my opinion.

Droning noise appeared at speeds around 60, could be a bearing. It didn't seem to appear when driven around town recently.

Otherwise it all seems good. I have wanted an 11 for a while, but the automatic box isn't in keeping with what I like in cars anymore, plus the fact I (accidentally) damaged my beloved Peugeot 605 recently means I have to sell this.

Comes with a spare key, original books and wallet.

A great car to cherish and look after, it has MOT until mid 2019 and has only covered 46k in 32 years, staggeringly low for a car this age which has been in constant use. The original owner was the only previous owner to me.

Please feel free to email me any questions and requests for additional photos, of which I have many.

R11s of this age have been rare a long time now, and I would love this car to go to someone who will look after it, and ideally store it indoors. I don't have a garage, sadly. Not a huge issue with 90s and onwards stuff, but not ideal with this.

£750 (swaps not possible, sorry. I have a project XM incoming...it will all be spent on it)

So there we go. Photos below. I will happily answer PMs. I could be tempted by swaps for the BMW BUT they have to be frugal (diesel), comfortable and with MOT. And by that I mean 6 months!

42377501490_e9acfbc312_b.jpgmsg-20043-0-64364100-1534596322 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

42377501360_1d0c243530_b.jpgmsg-20043-0-91207900-1534596151 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

42377500550_8104b0e9b3_b.jpgmsg-20043-0-00920000-1534596444 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

42377500340_eae5a3c7de_b.jpgmsg-20043-0-80768600-1534596671 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

Basingstoke, Hampshire. I can help with delivery but would prefer buyers come to me.

Gosh, wouldn't mind the BMW. I really fancy and need an estate. Sadly, as always, finances say no. If only I hadn't invested in a tonne of ready-burned fire wood, they really got me a time my guard was down.

The Renault should sell for a bit more I would have thought. I remember my Newcastle-based uncle had come over to Belgium and bought a Black Renault 11 for the journey.

/\  He's right ... :-D

In 1999,  my recluse spinster aunt died and left us the lot  . She always had a new Renault 5  every few years ,( coz she was bats ..)  but gave up driving in 1985 .. We knew she still had one , as we found  a V5  and all the  mot certificates for it . but did only 2 miles a year ??  Seemed the garage would take it and service and mot it ..but she didn't drive it , just kept it road legal . We out found it was in a rented  underground car park.. 1984 B reg,  beige , R5 TL :-(  . Why didn't she buy the GT turbo  version  :twisted: ?Or a Monaco ?  Just  1700 miles on it !  Mint as the day it was made .

In 2000 who the hell wanted a  B reg  R5  TL with plastic seats ? We sold it for £75  :roll:  

I’d be tempted by the 323 to keep the saab off the rusty winter roads as it’s arches are crusty and I’ve done nowt about them yet but I’ve already had a 323 and I try to avoid double dipping where possible :)

Plus I’ve just spent £150 on bits for the SAAB, so me splurging cash on another estate would have the wife fisting me full of pristine new SAAB polybushes faster than I could lie and say it was a roffle winz through gritted teeth.

Plus I’ve just spent £150 on bits for the SAAB, so me splurging cash on another estate would have the wife fisting me full of pristine new SAAB polybushes faster than I could lie and say it was a roffle winz through gritted teeth.

There's an image that sticks in the mind.

I had a fiat uno selecta that was terrible to drive. I can remember 1 faith full morning on way to Barnsley college with 5lads in it at rush hour stuck at bottom of a hill with it stuck in park, people were going mad. We ended up getting out and pushing car back so I could pull lever out of park. Good job rozzers didn't come no tax or test.

I can attempt to do a video of it driving to tempt anyone. Obviously I will get someone to film me driving it.

Can help with that. 

FWIW my similarly sized 305 Auto isn't the gammy leg I thought it'd be - but that has a 4 speed ZF and doesn't mind being driven as a clutchless manual.