(n+1): a Haunted Rover production

Ghosty

Good morning all.

Current sitrep: battery is completely dead.

Oosh. Next port of call - local friendly motor factor to test and advise if a duff cell, or if battery's fine and no charge getting to it? Or Halfrods.

After two separate embarrassing episodes, I've learned it saves much time and fuckery by establishing the battery condition before doing anything else. Modern batteries seem to give zero warning before going pop.

all of them :lol:

BANGORRRRR!!!!!!!!

pickle fun park ftw helens bay ftw

cultra not so since they put the prices up

The very one! We lived halfway up Inglewood Park, just facing the grounds. Couldn't get in or out if Linfield or Glentoran were playing away; but you'd hardly know a match was on if the fixture was against Ballyclare Comrades or Larne...

Turns out Rob's repair to the main fuel relay had failed, combined with a knackered battery it just wouldnt go.

Took the battery and relay off the GSi and it fired right up.

It's all go now, just needs the tappets doing at some point.

Mr Mechanical Arse strikes again, soz m8.

I had the tappets done a few years back and it made no difference, but that was by a garage rather than my golden touch.  Part of the reason why I never really liked the engine, it's a rattly old thing.  The car surrounding it is nice though.

Because GTi, which are very rare. HML says 27 GTis left on the road, 14 of which are autos.

How many autos have leather delete?

Besides, my parents are too attached to the GSi to let it go, there's zero rot on it, its low miles and taken me all over here, Scotland and Wales.

I just really like 400s.

I've now found that relays are obtainable for ~£30 online from the States. That's good, if I need it. 

My dad is determined to work out the pinouts on the NOS relay and see if he can make it work...

Tomorrow we're going to change the brake fluid, that looks like golden syrup, do another ATF change, and some other bits and bobs. 

Original on left, NOS part on right.

The original is Mitsuba RZ-0097, the modern equivalent is Intermotor/Standard RY168. They're about £25.

NOS part came in an MGR box, searching the part number (Pektron A-PRO360) brings up listings for Honda Civics.

Considering the Ronda connection I think the part is for a very early HH-R 416, as these did initially have the SOHC D16 before the bored out DOHC 1.6 K Series replaced it.

As can be seen the multiplug is a different shape and has a slightly different output. If I can work out the pin outs it might work, but who knows. At least I know a new replacement exists. c6f51357bc4230aa49be346b10ff5607.jpg