(n+1): a Haunted Rover production

Ghosty

Your mum has the patience of a saint, mine would have disowned me by now, and that would have been before even leaving the house...

Concur.

My Mum humours my crappy old cars, but if I’d taken her on a two day ethnic tour of London followed by a breakdown and a trip in the big yellow fail van, she’d have had a sense of humour failure by now.

Chodspeed.

A lot of people locally are very determined that they live in Kent and not London at all.  Despite being in a London borough, Oyster zone 4, well inside the M25 and all the phone numbers starting with 020.  Some of them even get quite annoyed when you point these things out.

Same where I'm from in Chingford, been part of London for 50 odd years but people still refer to Chingford, Essex.  People have even tried to correct me when I say it's in London.

Ghosty, your Mum is a saint, mine would laugh me out the door for even suggesting such an idea.

Ghosty, your Mum is a saint, mine would laugh me out the door for even suggesting such an idea.

True. I had to park some of my teenage shitheaps down by the football grounds because they were declared non grata in the vicinity of the house.

And I still receive a regular slagging from MrsDC over the time I took her with me to buy a Polo breadvan 80 miles away and the drivebelt made a break for freedom about 1.5 miles from the seller's door, resulting in all the electricity falling out...

And it was a public holiday so everywhere was shut...

And the AA cover she thought we had through Club Toyota had changed from 'member based' to 'car based' without anyone telling us...

You're being chauffeured in a big van, with an R8 strapped on the back, so that's gotta still count as a win... style it out, dude! Safe home.

True. I had to park some of my teenage shitheaps down by the football grounds because they were declared non grata in the vicinity of the house.

Conversely, back when I was nineteen my dear Mum sponsored a purchase of mine in the form of a 1964 VW Beetle sans engine so I could break it for the gearbox and the sell the rest for a profit. Ah, the days of selling bits in local ads paper (Loot in this case) and magazines (namely Volksworld). I also managed to litter my parents' drive with at least two other Beetles, Volvo P1800 as well as kindly let them have the pleasure of sell several other classics for me.