(n+1): a Haunted Rover production

Ghosty

Done with trains, now to kill a couple of hours. d38f27eb3a8d81669f199bfad3a461b1.jpg

Nearest station to Toledo71 HQ from which its occupiers have been known to venture on to that whole peculiar public transport thing.  Egg is right, the Thai opposite the station is good.  The town has many other worthy eateries.

Unfortunately I am having to work stupid hours this week otherwise I would offer to help.  Good luck with whatever it is you're doing.  If this involves collecting a car and driving it across or around London to some destination to the north or west, my sympathies.

You're just around the corner from my sister's place. Surprisingly pleasant round there, for London.

A lot of people locally are very determined that they live in Kent and not London at all.  Despite being in a London borough, Oyster zone 4, well inside the M25 and all the phone numbers starting with 020.  Some of them even get quite annoyed when you point these things out.

A lot of people locally are very determined that they live in Kent and not London at all. Despite being in a London borough, Oyster zone 4, well inside the M25 and all the phone numbers starting with 020. Some of them even get quite annoyed when you point these things out.

I've come up against this as well (being from Bromley). Problem is, if you tell people you're from London they say Bromley? That's not proper London, is it, it's Kent really.

Well, I think until the early 1970s as far in as Beckenham was actually Kent until legislation changed all that. As Kent cricket still play in Beckenham, I think we can claim it as 'Kentish'...if not 'deep' Kent.

The boundary changes happened with the formation of the London Borough of Bromley on 1 April 1965, and absorbed lots of bits of what was Kent. The Post Office forgot to change at the time so people continue to write Kent as an appendix to these newly created London addresses

This is a regular pub conversation round our way. Evenings in the Spoons just fly by....

Greetings from er, Stratford or something.

It's got the same hot starting issue as my GSi, so I'm waiting for it to cool a bit. Only ever happens to me filling up from empty in petrol stations. I've also found that the NOS main relay provided with it doesn't fit the plug on the car. 250e7e262ff5899260469e41c99e6139.jpgedcc9b4808b2f76a1f5fb7c63c3c78f1.jpg8b151b23dd1193f245d502c46eee1beb.jpg

Well it looks like FTP, either it's not charging or the relay is kippered. It doesn't sound like it's spinning over that fast so battery perhaps? The light is flickering when it cranks and the oil light is dim.

I've summoned the AA.

I'm at Asda in Stratford (the Olympic Park one, not Avon) if anyone is local.

Oh bugger, not like at all, so sorry about that.  It did stall on me a few weeks ago and I thought a new alternator had fixed it, as the battery light was dim/not at all but is now back to being bright.  It also hasn't done the hot start problem for ages, flippin' typical.

If you're stuck for a while I'll try and pop over, just waiting for another shiter and another collection at the moment.