(n+1): a Haunted Rover production

Ghosty

I don't see the problem with this to be honest.

If I hit someone, agree a price to repair and hand over the money I don't give a toss if they spend it on coke and hookers and don't fix the car.

You've compensated someone for the damage, if they want to just live with it fine.

The most important bit is you've settled the incident, so can walk away without fear of further shite, and as you've done it outside of your insurer you'll avoid either party being bummed for future premium increases. That would be £475 well spent in my book.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Nowt wrong with a self repair. You have to put time and effort in and settle for a standard of repair that might not be 'mint'. My lad has his car driven into. Stoked in the rear quarter. Third party admitedvliability and reckoned he could get his 'mate do job good for cash cheap'. My lad told him to FRO and went out and got quotes. Third party nearly fainted at the cost of the repair and that was before an 18 plate BVariann Mota Werken for 10 days as a renter. So TP claimed on TP's insurance. I had the same thing, accepted a cash settlement, took a days holiday and travelled 170 miles to a dismantler for wing, headlight, bumper in matching colour and bolted it all up myself, three days work. I would have done the same for my lad but it was a 2 door with fixed rear quarter and it was proper mullered.