Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Project

(n+1): a Haunted Rover production

Project

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#271 OFFLINE   Isaac Hunt

Isaac Hunt

• Full Members
  • 734 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

I don't see the problem with this to be honest.
If I hit someone, agree a price to repair and hand over the money I don't give a toss if they spend it on coke and hookers and don't fix the car.
You've compensated someone for the damage, if they want to just live with it fine.
The most important bit is you've settled the incident, so can walk away without fear of further shite, and as you've done it outside of your insurer you'll avoid either party being bummed for future premium increases. That would be £475 well spent in my book.
Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Nowt wrong with a self repair. You have to put time and effort in and settle for a standard of repair that might not be 'mint'. My lad has his car driven into. Stoked in the rear quarter. Third party admitedvliability and reckoned he could get his 'mate do job good for cash cheap'. My lad told him to FRO and went out and got quotes. Third party nearly fainted at the cost of the repair and that was before an 18 plate BVariann Mota Werken for 10 days as a renter. So TP claimed on TP's insurance. I had the same thing, accepted a cash settlement, took a days holiday and travelled 170 miles to a dismantler for wing, headlight, bumper in matching colour and bolted it all up myself, three days work. I would have done the same for my lad but it was a 2 door with fixed rear quarter and it was proper mullered.

#272 OFFLINE   Ghosty

Ghosty

RELIABLE HONDA ENGINE

• Full Members
  • 9,336 posts
  • 43 thanks
  • LocationManchester

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

I suppose that's what I've done after all.

Bonnet gets lacquered tomorrow. It isn't perfect but for a homebrew effort it's more than good enough.

1994 Volvo 850 T5 - brittle plastic turbo bikewagon

1991 Honda Civic GL - smells nice

2009 Mini Cooper S - Mother Ghosty's

#273 OFFLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 6,958 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:07 AM

I suppose that's what I've done after all.

Bonnet gets lacquered tomorrow. It isn't perfect but for a homebrew effort it's more than good enough.

Why are we awake at this time ???

#274 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Banned

• Banned
  • 15,859 posts
  • 195 thanks
  • LocationThe next petrol station

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

becoz student

• Ghosty likes this

Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was my intention.

Champion cunt in the cunt count 2018.

#275 OFFLINE   Isaac Hunt

Isaac Hunt

• Full Members
  • 734 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:46 PM

Fotose ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users