Mighty AX ROFFLING at £11 a go. Pull your socks up in preparation for the Big Wheel Trim Reveal this week!! (or maybe next week)

Tomtation

So to all those forum folks whose lucky numbers proved slightly defective for the Volvo and Mazda roffledraws last night - here's your chance to turn that frown upside down!

Okay, so this particular AX hasn't yet acquired the fine patination* of Bucketeer's late example, but give it some more time and that lacquer will start peeling off a treat. Hey, they always do.

Leaving the OMG Wheeltrim Controversy to one side, this really does look a fine example of the breed and should do someone a star turn as an economical little gigglebox.

My wantage levels are high, even though my capacity to absorb further vehicles into the fleet is low. Also, AXs sadly fall into MrsDC's hit list of 'vehicles she can't abide', along with MGBs and VWs in general. Which means that I can certainly buy one, but any FTPs and other problems will be met with thinly-disguised fire and fury...

For the love of Pete, someone please buy some more tickets for this before my will breaks and I'm faced with the prospect of somehow surreptitiously retrieving it from Somerset and then hiding it under the bed. Which will be challenging on both counts.

I adored my AXs and am yet to successfully give a stranger off the internet any money in roffle form yet.

Two randoms please

Bang! Two randoms are indeed yours.

By-the-bye, ancient lore and tradition states that if you write your roffle numbers onto a scrap of calf vellum at midnight by the light of a full moon, using a half-and-half mixture of weasel blood and used 20/50 multigrade, then sew the parchment into a pig's bladder along with a long-stale Feu Orange air freshener using a silver needle, and go to sleep with the whole lot under your pillow for seven consecutive nights, all your wildest roffledreams will then come true and a lump of gently disintegrating chod will soon magically appear at your doorstep.

Substitute the motor oil for LHM if the roffleprize is a Citroen, and K-Seal if it's a Rover.

I'm given to understand that The Moog regularly uses this technique to great effect.

Just sayin'.

4. Andy F

7. sickboy

9. retropnaed

20. prepace

21. yes ou si

36. Andy F

47. retropnaed

51. yes ou si

57. prepace

Sir Datsuncog, you are the Rofflemeister! Such eloquent persuasiveness to buy tickets. If I didn't already own it I might just be tempted to buy a couple.

I am now off to the land of wine and cheese, i'll check in with a helpful* comment or two as and when I can but leave you all in the very capable hands of Datsuncog. I believe the phrase is chodspeed chaps?

Sir Datsuncog, you are the Rofflemeister! Such eloquent persuasiveness to buy tickets. If I didn't already own it I might just be tempted to buy a couple.

I am now off to the land of wine and cheese, i'll check in with a helpful* comment or two as and when I can but leave you all in the very capable hands of Datsuncog. I believe the phrase is chodspeed chaps?

Hey hey, have a cracking time en France - and be sure to keep an eye out for owt chod-worthy you might pass on the way.

Here's hoping you're back in a few weeks laden with Camembert and Bordeaux, to find a full roffleboard and some promised spondulicks ripe for the collecting!

I'll keep spruiking and panhandling at this end like a low-rent Charles Saatchi, and I'm sure this thread will be **absolutely fine** in your absence...

post-17915-0-86204600-1536234867_thumb.gif

^^^Tomtation, 20th September

Chodspeed, indeed!

In no reflection on the car - unless it is something I really want then £11 is out of my roffle range (yes I know it doesnt make sense) 

Heh, fully understand and I do but jest!

My limited roffle history is also solely for cars that I really would want to own and keep (and therefore worth the hassle of retrieval from The Mainland), or else for random shitters that are very very cheap and so I don't mind palming it off on someone else if my number comes up - the recent MGF roffle being a noble exception for a good cause.

Trouble is, I've kind of had a hankering for an AX ever since my last Polo pushed its luck too far, and this one does look a bit tasty... I can see prices for decent examples of these baby Citroens starting to climb before too very long, and don't want to be kicking myself for missing the boat... hnnng.

45 and 13 please.

Duly allocated, chief! Best of luck!

4. Andy F

7. sickboy

9. retropnaed

13. Alanism

17. Datsuncog

20. prepace

21. yes ou si

36. Andy F

45. Alanism

47. retropnaed

51. yes ou si

57. prepace

Y'know what, I'm going to stick myself down for a ticket and all. Clearly I don't have enough grief going on at the minute, and require the worrisome prospect of a needless overseas journey and all manner of ongoing domestic strife to make me happy with my lot.

That's 20% of the tickets now snapped up in a little over 24hrs, so I think this one might be selling out sooner rather than later... if you can envisage this cheeky little Cit in your life, then don't delay - roffle today!

Bang! Two randoms are indeed yours.

By-the-bye, ancient lore and tradition states that if you write your roffle numbers onto a scrap of calf vellum at midnight by the light of a full moon, using a half-and-half mixture of weasel blood and used 20/50 multigrade, then sew the parchment into a pig's bladder along with a long-stale Feu Orange air freshener using a silver needle, and go to sleep with the whole lot under your pillow for seven consecutive nights, all your wildest roffledreams will then come true and a lump of gently disintegrating chod will soon magically appear at your doorstep.

Substitute the motor oil for LHM if the roffleprize is a Citroen, and K-Seal if it's a Rover.

I'm given to understand that The Moog regularly uses this technique to great effect.

I gave this a go last night, but realised I should have waited until the roffle was ready about to be drawn. I hate wasting 20/50 but at least I have plenty of weasel blood left over.

Oh well, worth it for a bump

I gave this a go last night, but realised I should have waited until the roffle was ready about to be drawn. I hate wasting 20/50 but at least I have plenty of weasel blood left over.

Ah - a schoolboy error. Never fear, we've all done it!

Mind you - if you're quick, you might be able to nip down to the bookie's and put your life savings on #4 being drawn as the bonus ball for tonight's Lotto draw. 100% win absolutely guaranteed.

Or maybe half the life savings on #4, the other half on #36.

Hmmm. Yeah, I see the problem here. But one way or the other, deffo guaranteed*.

Oh, and for those who find themselves a little short on weasel blood, apparently Lidl have it on offer this weekend. I think it's usually down that middle aisle, between the Spicy Donkey Flavour corn snacks and replacement solar panels for the International Space Station.

For those who prefer to go the traditional route, who else fancies a ticket or two for this petite charmeuse?

Further proof that a Citroen AX not only gives you the sort of attractiveness levels unseen since they stopped selling Hai Karate aftershave in Poundland, but also offers unparalleled opportunities for motorsport thrills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5Mhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5M

For less than the price of two pints of indifferent lager from an over-fancy city centre bar, this could be you. ^^^^

I'm in. One random please

Bish bash bosh. One sweet-smelling ticket to Winnersville for you, sir.

4. Andy F

7. sickboy

9. retropnaed

13. Alanism

17. Datsuncog

20. prepace

21. yes ou si

36. Andy F

45. Alanism

47. retropnaed

51. yes ou si

54. pandamonium

57. prepace

It's the way I tell 'em.

post-17915-0-60480900-1536624464_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-94430500-1536675254_thumb.jpg

Citroen built almost two and a half million of these little blighters over a twelve year period.

That's over 200,000 a year.

Or 16, 841 a month.

3, 886 a week.

647 a day (assuming a six day week).

81 an hour (9-5).

Nearly one and a half cars every minute. For twelve years.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Now there's something to throw in during those awkward lulls in conversation with workmates....

post-17915-0-57300600-1536679810_thumb.png

You're very welcome.