Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Project

1986 635CSi GOES FAST AND DOESN'T FALL APART.

Project

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   The Reverend Bluejeans

The Reverend Bluejeans

He's a right bastard.

• Full Members
  • 9,500 posts
  • 53 thanks
  • LocationSheffield On Thames.

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:33 PM

Shit oversized Alpenis replica wheels and a rotten wing.

That'll be an E24 then. 

MASTER RACE MOTORS.

1989 F  730i. Prestigious.

1994 M 318Ti - Track whore

2008 Golf GTI 3dr 6spd #VAGWANKER

Offended? Oh dear. What a shame. Piss off.

#122 OFFLINE   fordperv

fordperv

• Full Members
  • 7,549 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • Locationstoke on trent

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:51 PM

I'd rather see that with its wing corrosion being used all weathers than an overpolished perfect trophy at a show
Sir slidealot, knight of the roundabout

#123 OFFLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 4,070 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:33 PM

....an overpolished perfect trophy at a show

Unfortunately that's what many of them will become now that values have climbed ever upwards.

The days of the decent four-grand E24 are gone now, and we're entering territory occupied by flippers.

• Laseraligningfoofooflanges likes this
F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

#124 OFFLINE   BoggyMires

BoggyMires

• Full Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Location100mph between London and Cambridge!

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:24 PM

Looks like you're in a race, smart! That motor has no advisories or fails for being rotten, bar some of the bushes, it's all silly stuff. Good spot tho.

Yes, 4 large gets you a pile dragged kicking and screaming from a shed it would seem these days. Mine was fairly priced when I got it (just take this liability anchor m9... Please!) and the guy needed monies but it was fucked in many places and has cost me way more than it's worth in cash, blood, sweat and many, many tears.

• Laseraligningfoofooflanges likes this

1986 BMW 635CSi - TOTALLY ROT AND FAULT FREE. SEE THREAD FOR LISTS OF ROT AND FAULTS. http://autoshite.com...ry-in-progress/

2001 Land Rover Discovery V8 - POTENTIAL FUTURE BARN FIND THESE r GETTING REAR NOW

2000 Jaguar S type V sicks- THE BLACK MUMBAAAAH. NO ADDED LEAPER: http://autoshite.com...esstype-action/

event.png

#125 OFFLINE   BoggyMires

BoggyMires

• Full Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Location100mph between London and Cambridge!

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

Completed a 120 mile round trip in it today. It was a now or never decision really. Confidence in it was low but I thought that I either use it or loose it as it was covering about 5 miles a month!

I was somewhat confident 'behind the scenes' as it's all been checked over, all works* and there's nothing really that could fail other than a massive ftp from an unknown source. I even took no tools or fluids to prove to myself that 'it'll be fine'. The only thing I do take on long journeys is the Tyre inflator- just in case...

It made the largely motorway trip ok, but was a bit boaty on the arse end. A pressure check on the tyres at my destination showed the rears to be well down. Air in and away we went. Got a toot from a chap in a modern 6 series on the M25, pleased to see this old shark rolling in the right direction.

I'm going to do the same run again tomorrow if it remains dry out and make a list of things to do on it to achieve in 2019.

• The Reverend Bluejeans, snagglepuss, Magnificent Rustbucket and 5 others like this

1986 BMW 635CSi - TOTALLY ROT AND FAULT FREE. SEE THREAD FOR LISTS OF ROT AND FAULTS. http://autoshite.com...ry-in-progress/

2001 Land Rover Discovery V8 - POTENTIAL FUTURE BARN FIND THESE r GETTING REAR NOW

2000 Jaguar S type V sicks- THE BLACK MUMBAAAAH. NO ADDED LEAPER: http://autoshite.com...esstype-action/

event.png

#126 OFFLINE   Magnificent Rustbucket

Magnificent Rustbucket

• Full Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

Nice things these. I think it is right they are worth good money now.

• cobblers likes this
1992 Jaguar Sovereign

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users