Simple FSO collection & other stuff

nigel bickle

Yup, your delightful* RAC experience sounds broadly similar to my last FTP recovery they took responsibility for, in terms of excessive waiting, abysmal communication, and much needless arsing about.

I've since switched to AutoAid on the grounds that if I'm going to have to wait five hours in the pissing rain for a contractor to show up, I'd sooner pay £45 than £180 to the RAC for the same level of crap service.

Still: FSO Polonez Crew Cab = MASSIVE WINNER all day long.

Here's hoping your other imminent collections prove less of a ball-ache!

(I'd go for the Saturn next)

When I tried to call out the RAC the one time I did - they couldn't even find the road I was on. I had to get a lift back home, then guide them to the car. They got it going (read: hit it with a hammer and put a huge dent in the top of the carb), and were meant to follow me home to make sure it got home - and buggered off after about half a mile.

Suffice to say I didn't renew the cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I collected the Saturn today - all I seem to be doing right now is collecting bloody cars!

Quick trip north to Mildenhall, drove straight back to Sussex.

Here’s the pet shot

post-758-0-26378300-1537191949_thumb.jpeg

Taken in somewhat of a hurry as that’s Police car by the cashiers window, and 200 miles to a pre booked Mot, no tax etc , might be seen to be pushing it a tad!

Anyway, uneventful journey in a slightly weird car. Controls are daft, lights permanently on, wheels too small but it drives ok for a 1700cc.

Bit of a plain Jane - might look better on nicer rims & a little lower, but I’ll legalise first & sort the cosmetics after. Ok as a winter beater..

On to collect a Pennant in Eastleigh Thursday, & the Wartburg near Rye on Friday , if my body holds out. Finding it tough right now