Vw t4 transporter 2.4d £1250 (lincs)

ruffgeezer

It is a scruffy early T4 1995 registered, the seats are very good, the dash and exterior have various paint splashes from it's previous life as a decorator's van. It had been with that family firm for 20 years and maintained by them with the more major work handled by a local garage.

It had a cambelt at 172k, but that is approaching 10 years ago now.

Current mileage is 195k, and I am still using it daily. It is a delightfully shonky old thing bit it is reliable and a lovely way to bimble about the country.

I am not looking for any offers at this price, as you would struggle to find another running and tested van for it.

It will need some welding for the next not, a small patch near the rear suspension and a localised repair to the cargo bay floor (panel supplied)

Would p/ex for a cheap to run family car as it now seems my Volvo is going to be out of luck.

I feel ya, sista. :?

I’d like you to know I’ve had naughty thoughts about your little 205 every day for a week now.

Problem is I’m self employed and have had a week off this month. The dent in August’s income is painful.

As for the OPs vehicles? More detailed adverts on all of the usual places online will get them shifted. People here, as DW say, are used to paying £180 for a lifetime of motoring. (!)

The t4 is a 2.4d has 194k and about 9months test.

I've been using it daily, and bought it from the previous owner had it for around 20years. It was a decorators van so has paint spatters all over.

The seats are tidy, the body is tatty. It needs a bit of welding undernesth. The belt was done at 170k but that is nearing 10years ago now, so I would advise it being done sooner rather than later.

As I have said, for a serious buyer, there is a decent discount available.

I'll get more pictures up soon

That's a bargain. What's the sliding door runner like? They rust through where the wheels sit and it makes the door a twat to open and it's dead fiddly to repair.

Paint will come off the dash with TFR and a pressure washer, if it doesn't you can get IMPA paint in a can thats a perfect colour match and respray it. 

...they early pre96 T4s are bit easier to maintain for the 'get the spanners out' shitter; the clocks don't all die, n they are a bit more straightforward wiring wise; I had an abused T4 1.9D for awhile; it had a good rust free body but all the mechanical bits were worn out, n they previous owner run it on veg/used oil, so had to put a vento 1.9D pump on it; gearselector ball wore out, n various other component fails , but I never had a FTP with it it; with a selection of common 10, 13 spanners n sockets in the back, I was soon on my way again...

...they command a big scene tax here; not that many are 'scene'd up' with checker bonnets etc here, but there are a few UK importers that buy them up from over here, so priced for even jiggered ones are 5/600 n up; all the ex ESB syncro ones have been bough up long ago...

seems acceptable to me price wise for one of they early ones, that you can spanner on yourself...

Sold my M reg T4 4 pot for a grand three years ago, similar condition cosmetically to yours, short mot and gearbox about to implode.

Advertised mine on Gumtree, a dealer from Stockport bought it at the asking price.

A mate of mine has a tidy 51 plate lwb 5 pot for sale for three grand. Yours looks a good buy at your asking price.

If you do risk advertising it on Gumtree don't include a phone number on the advert, just use the sites messaging contact. 

I reckon £1250 isn't far out for one of these with 9 months' ticket.  I stuck my 2.4D on Gumtree a couple of years back for 800 quid and my phone was red hot - and T4 prices seem to have gone up a bit more since then. 

The 2.4D isn't a bad engine.  It's slow, but nowhere near as dire as the 1.9D, and at least being a 5-pot it sounds nice when you're caning it.

• 3 weeks later...