1992 (J) Honda Prelude 2.0iS - MOT May 2019 - 92k MILES - Middlesbrough - SOLD OUT - collecting payments

JohnK

Such a nice car to win. Congrats!

You'd know eh ;) 

It is though, really. You'll have a hoot driving it back.

PM me if you want a dizzy cap, chats. No monies required. Or SRI05 could have it if you don't need/want it.

A few tips off the bat: the dash dimmer is between the rear seats for some reason, next to the lockable cubby that serves as the glovebox. Being an early car you're lucky to have this, as later ones omitted it. The actual glovebox might as well not be there, as it's impossible to reach from the driver's seat, doesn't lock or latch itself shut, and can't hold more than a couple of CDs or an A-Z. Also it's only clipped in place and suspended by a bit of string, that will probably have failed.

You get the nicer seats, cooler non-airbag steering wheel, and no passenger airbag ruining the lines of the dash.

Trying to stick to 70 can be fun* as the speedo marks multiples of 20, and the top part of it where 70 is, is partially obscured by the dash.

There's a ski hatch if you ever need to carry long things!

Enjoy it, they're ace cars, the interior is a bloody wonderful place to be, and the vacuum-fluorescent fuel and temp gauges finish it off perfectly. They're great.

Max sums it up nicely above !

The videos Ian did a couple of years ago when he had the black one are worth a watch too...I watched them again when I was considering buying this.

They drive absolutely ace and I will be genuinely sorry to see it go. It drives very tight and has one of the best steering feels I've ever encountered on a car.

You'd know eh ;)

It is though, really. You'll have a hoot driving it back.

PM me if you want a dizzy cap, chats. No monies required. Or SRI05 could have it if you don't need/want it.

A few tips off the bat: the dash dimmer is between the rear seats for some reason, next to the lockable cubby that serves as the glovebox. Being an early car you're lucky to have this, as later ones omitted it. The actual glovebox might as well not be there, as it's impossible to reach from the driver's seat, doesn't lock or latch itself shut, and can't hold more than a couple of CDs or an A-Z. Also it's only clipped in place and suspended by a bit of string, that will probably have failed.

You get the nicer seats, cooler non-airbag steering wheel, and no passenger airbag ruining the lines of the dash.

Trying to stick to 70 can be fun* as the speedo marks multiples of 20, and the top part of it where 70 is, is partially obscured by the dash.

There's a ski hatch if you ever need to carry long things!

Enjoy it, they're ace cars, the interior is a bloody wonderful place to be, and the vacuum-fluorescent fuel and temp gauges finish it off perfectly. They're great.

Max sums it up nicely above !

The videos Ian did a couple of years ago when he had the black one are worth a watch too...I watched them again when I was considering buying this.

They drive absolutely ace and I will be genuinely sorry to see it go. It drives very tight and has one of the best steering feels I've ever encountered on a car.

Thanks for the advice gentlemen, I am genuinely excited to pick up this beauty and take it back home.

Right up until it goes on the driveway.  Then I'll be shitting myself!!

Ghosty - A very kind offer, thank you!  I'll take a look at the dizzy cap when I get it and if it's in good nick I'll let SRI05 have first refusal if that's okay with you?