2000 306 HDI....ideal charity banger car £150

sharley17194

Ok so here we have our much loved 306 HDI, was purchased back in 2016 to do a top gear style banger rally round Scotland, it was bought with another one which died on the trip but the HDI survived. Weve owned it two years and it just keeps going we have completed 18k miles in it so far . I've just completed a trip round Norfolk at 500 miles (over the aug bh weekend) and my brother will be taking it to Taunton over this weekend which will be another 360 miles. So why are we selling? its insurance is up on 13th September and its time to move on it, on its mot'd till later October and would be ideal for someone wanting to complete a banger style rally for charity. If im honest it will probably go through another mot as its not broken just reached end of its road with us. It really needs a tyre on the front but theres one in the boot. Its probably povo spec but have central locking electric windows and a rev counter. 

I've been given a scrap value price of £150 by Megavaux so thats the price. 

it is what it is really, its got battle scars (rear corner was shoved in when we got it so it its been pulled out and filled badly) but its alot of good memories and its been nothing but faithful. Id love to see it go on to run one last rally but if it doesnt it will go to the scrap yard in the sky.

Pic below is from 2016 whilst its the same car its not as shiny now as it was then. Thats the damaged corner so is literally the worst angle.

post-20764-0-36034700-1535453030_thumb.png

It seems very odd seeing a late-model 306 for sale at scrap money. It feels like only yesterday I flew up to Edinburgh with most of four grand in my pocket to buy a 2000 306HDi in the same blue. I then used it for a week while I was on business in Edinburgh and then drove it back home to Southampton. Explaining the expenses claim that was half-flight and half-mileage was interesting.

Actually it was 14 years ago. Blimey!

GLWTS.

I quite like these but always wondered why the sodding pedals were so close. Because French will be the answer. 

Pedal spacing is actually pretty good on 306's - I suspect you're thinking of 106's which must have been designed by someone with child sized feet.

If SportShite doesn’t buy this, AS is going to hell in a handcart.

Sorry guys, but we need to fire up the handcart. Bloody typical bad timing, I've been without a car for the last few weeks, just sorted everything, and now a bargain pops up.

Bugger.