I have been busy, exhaust manifold replaced, chassis and inner wing painted where I cleaned all the grime off the brake fluid damaged area, and divers other jobs my addled brain cannot recall.
Today has been one of those appalling days where everything was hard to do. I replaced the radiator and the bitch fought me every inch of the way. The space is really limited, and the radiator frame is just out of alignment with the stud holes, probably from when it was rebuilt. The bottom hose is a pita to fit and you have to manipulate the whole rad which weighs a ton, whilst bent double. A terrible procedure, without doubt the worst task on this car. Son of a bitch drew blood.
I was about to take the sledgehammer to it until I realised an old screwdriver would work better, just so I could spring the frame enough to get the bolt started in its thread.
Most of what I have been doing people will never realise or appreciate. No garage would pay so much attention to detail. Cleaning up screw threads, carefully cleaning and oiling parts, including the original hose clips, fitting wire hose clips for authenticity. Much of which comes under the header of what Cold War Motors calls shitwork, for good reason. It's a time consuming, labour intensive task. But technically correct, in the way those concours saddos can only dream about.
I rounded off the day by fitting the new brake servo. Unfortunately some cretin binned all the original parts, so I just bent the copper pipes to fit. I also need to source some 1/2" AF nuts, I scratted around the place for some bolts but the nuts I need to find. It would have been so easier had the originals been retained.
Enough for today, I need beer.
Squeak, rattle and roll.
Save the Pangolins.
1952 Morris Oxford Series MO - Sidevalve Shite
1959 Humber Super Snipe - Gas guzzler
1962 Morris 1000 Traveller - English Tudorbethan
1975 Austin Allegro 1100 DL - m'Lod
Please look out for hedgehogs!