Classiest car ever

Lanciaman

You do know this is Autoshite don’t you? A roller will get a passing meh, whereas half the forum is presently dribbling over a tatty Renner 12 van in a barn.

I do. And I get it. But this was autoshite 20 years ago. I'm just behind the times...

Right, clear that lot away, lovely as some (most) of them are.....The gentleman said classiest did he not?   As in Class.  Rhyming with cut glass, like the accent. 

There can only be one contender and, therefore, Winner....

post-5367-0-00074300-1535225450_thumb.jpg 

Note well.... 

This is the S2.   V8 engine but not four eyes....  

It is, however, the Four Light saloon.   That is "Light" as in "Window, that allows in Light" not Headlamp. 

It is not the louche Six Window version with which common riff-raff like that Keith Richards fellow have tampered. 

It is most eminently NOT the thing footballers buy with Volkswagen's jack-boot all over it. 

It should also not preferably be Burgundy with all the French connotations of that word. 

Willow Green please, with verdant leather upholstery of slightly darker shade.  

AND BIN THOSE RUDDY WHITEWALLS!

Thank you.

Classy has to stop short of vulgar, so RR & Bentley have to step out here. 

I think the later X300 generation would also fit but a V8's a bit much really, 6 cylinders in a straight line is quite enough thank you.  Past that, I couldn't say.  There is no such thing as a diesel Jaguar, anyway.

Jaguar-Xj40-40-Sovereign-32-Xj6-Absolute