Renault 12 van

nigel bickle

Time to sell my 12 van.

It’s kinda a rare beast, that I bought on a whim several years ago, and A framed back from central France. I’ve slowly acquired stuff to sort it - which can go with it, by negotiation.

Stuff includes rhd conversion ( dash, pedals, etc) the rare sinpar 4 wd conversion ( gearbox, prop, rear axle, dash lights etc) a few spare panels ( tailgate etc) and a tuned Alpine lump ( loosely sitting in it)

I’ve done nowt with it, the garage is coming down for a better one, and it can’t stay there- so it’s either sold or transferred to the racking in the barn.

Pics attached, get in touch if of interest. I’m here ( south coast) a week or two

Thanks chaps

post-758-0-67860900-1535178825_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-37478500-1535178838_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-50487200-1535178849_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-08318600-1535178862_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-93225900-1535178875_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-29872900-1535178887_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-80864800-1535178897_thumb.jpeg

Speaking for myself, I wouldn’t say I’m not feeling any love for it, it’s more that I’m just slightly lost for words.

I didn’t even know R12 vans were a thing, let alone that you had one Nigel (though if anyone did, it would be you).

It’s a fab thing and needs just enough restoration to run around looking like it belongs to a bloke in a village near Clemont-Ferrand who fixes old farm machinery with baling twine and hammers.

I am not the right person to do that though.

It’s a fab thing and needs just enough restoration to run around looking like it belongs to a bloke in a village near Clemont-Ferrand who fixes old farm machinery with baling twine and hammers.

Do you know what, I was thinking almost the exact same thing earlier.  We used to have a holiday house in a village near Clermont-Ferrand and this van is exactly the kind of thing I used to see stood up in the fields when I were a lad.

It came from Central France ! I a framed it north in the early days of Autoshite - mentioned it here, back then!

Day trip ( to stop the wife catching on) which was high speed and tightly timed!

I’m not aware of another. I believe it was made for Air France on a limited special order. It has window frames inside with panels welded over, but the CG confirms it original.

I collected all sorts to have fun, but my backs screwed and I’m of an age now! Yadda yadda

Skizz I’ve 2 other Estates & 2 saloons, but not feeling the love right now.

Constantin, in north London , is in touch- and I’ve been buried in correspondence on Faceache. He owns an Estate, but no van . They are the mythical unicorn..

4wd conversions were offered via simplex on special order. I believe/ was told by “one who knows”12 were made.

This def came from a terminally rusty estate that I helped the owner extract and scrap- in a million pieces. So I got it all, right down to the small ‘4x4’ dash light add on. I will see if I can find A pic.