Cheap tow car.

DaveDorson

Nuts.

I'm at an event next weekend, and I've got nothing to take my trailer tent to the event with.

Is anyone in the shitesphere selling something with a reasonable bit of MOT on, that moves well enough, that can assist me.

My car, being a 307 HDI and a 56 plate apparently can be destroyed if I botch a towbar on it, otherwise I'd buy one and fit and just use the car I'm using daily.

I don't want to spent more than I have to, as I'll likely punt it on after the weekend (at the end of August) or bridge it, depending how cheap it is.

Nuts.

I'm at an event next weekend, and I've got nothing to take my trailer tent to the event with.

Is anyone in the shitesphere selling something with a reasonable bit of MOT on, that moves well enough, that can assist me.

My car, being a 307 HDI and a 56 plate apparently can be destroyed if I botch a towbar on it, otherwise I'd buy one and fit and just use the car I'm using daily.

I don't want to spent more than I have to, as I'll likely punt it on after the weekend (at the end of August) or bridge it, depending how cheap it is.

Erm how can fitting a towbar cause an issue unless the whole rear is made of plastic? Canbus type wiring can be a bit tricky but just fit one of the units that sense a voltage on the wire rather than traditional scotch locks. I would fit a towbar...

Erm how can fitting a towbar cause an issue unless the whole rear is made of plastic? Canbus type wiring can be a bit tricky but just fit one of the units that sense a voltage on the wire rather than traditional scotch locks. I would fit a towbar...

Something about incredibly sensitive electrics and blowing up expensive modules that are related to those electrics.  I think it's multi-plex/canbus related, and would likely be solved with a relay kit of some sort, but there are many a horror story out there, and I don't want to mess with this car as it gets me to and from work every day.

If I can't work, I can't earn, and I can't eat.

If I pay someone to fit a towbar, I doubt I'd get it done before next weekend, and I suspect the cost will exceed the value of the car itself.

My HRV has a towbar, drives well and has a bit of MOT.  Only problem is it needs a couple of tyres on its alloys - it's currently on Citroën Picasso 15" steels, which have legal tyres but I need to nick two of those for the Audi.  And that's unlikely to be sorted by this weekend.  So probably not a lot of help, soz.

Something about incredibly sensitive electrics and blowing up expensive modules that are related to those electrics.

Fit the mechanical part of the towbar yourself (which is the labour intensive bit). Fit the electrical socket and route the cable into the body of the car. Connect the White cable to ground (that bit you *cannot* get wrong). Then take it to a man who can connect the remaining six cables to the rest of the car via whatever gubbins are needed for a can't-bus car.

That way you get the towbar, don't have to buy another car and get the risky bit done by someone who understands what they're doing.

My HRV has a towbar, drives well and has a bit of MOT.  Only problem is it needs a couple of tyres on its alloys - it's currently on Citroën Picasso 15" steels, which have legal tyres but I need to nick two of those for the Audi.  And that's unlikely to be sorted by this weekend.  So probably not a lot of help, soz.

I've got a tyre machine in my unit.  What size tyres does it need?

Just in case the mean green dogging machine doesn't pass muster would the Reverend Bluejeans' BMW wagon (tow bar equipped) be in with a shout?

http://autoshite.com/topic/32679-fore-skin-1998-323i-bouring-sportomatic-mit-rost-£475/

I saw the ad and did a consider.. but ideally I need something a bit local so I can badger papa D for a lift over to view it

42447022740_962fe9b906_c.jpgIMG_20180825_075410110 by davedorson, on Flickr

Papa D arrived late as usual...

Nice place to be his Jaaaaag.

30387730198_6e937dfbe9_c.jpgIMG_20180825_081610182 by davedorson, on Flickr

Set off on a short journey to Thurmaston Leicester to view this.

42447023210_5338706882_c.jpgIMG_20180825_090350144 by davedorson, on Flickr

30387734768_795a559125_c.jpgIMG_20180825_090308887 by davedorson, on Flickr

2.0 pez 8v of Volkswagens finest.

Exhaust blows, airbag light is on, needs rear discs and pads (included) and a wishbone bush.

Paid the man £295 of the queen's face.

Now lives outside my house.

Oh and it's done 320,000 miles from new.

Some history, runs alright for something that's been to space.

Bit missy on idle when it warms up but it works. It has a tow bar, it's got loads of MOT and being a VW that's not horrifically rusty, someone will buy it when I've fixed the Peugeot and re MOTd it