2003 Citroen C5 HDI 90 LX Estate 109k, 11 months MOT, Basingstoke £375

bramz7

Yo chaps and chapettes.

I recently bought this as i thought I needed it, and now it's services have been fulfilled. It's not bad to drive, for those used to XUDs the first gear has a lot more go to it. It doesn't feel too swamped with weight but I haven't been carrying around families in it either.

Some minor dents and scratches down the paintwork, as you'd expect.

Seats are decent, the drivers seat foam has gone a touch odd in one part but it still feels fine. Gearchange is solid, car stays mid way on the temperature constantly, fuel economy is very good, I used half a tank doing 300 miles the other day.

Stereo works.

Air con works.

Windows work.

It all pretty much works, even the suspension works.

The bad side:

Will need two front tyres soon as possible really. Not quite illegal but getting there.

Clutch a touch high, but I soon get used to it and it's not anywhere near undriveable.

Slight whirr noise when changing from first to second (sounds like something revolving coming to a slow or halt perhaps)

Steering wheel has aged a bit on the very top.

Otherwise it's all good. Bloody massive too. It's like driving an oil tanker. It drives very well on motorways too, eats the mileage like no tomorrow.

£375 of your sovs please, or nearest offer. Potentially open to swaps but ideally I have a few replacements (which are more me) lined up already, so if you are keen on swapping, please be aware it will have to be something fun.

I don't have much or any service history but the PO serviced it himself and it certainly feels well maintained, the engine has a lot of go to it, and the car doesn't feel baggy.

I am in Basingstoke.

There's some annoying BT repairmen outside digging up the pavement so for now, if you want photos, here are the originals from the eBay listing I won it from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C5-Estate-2-0-LX-HDI-Metallic-Grey-12-Months-MOT-/132724295301?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ltIOMVb%252B%252FJiS4j2gHHROcxSkf%252BY%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

OMG Sam you are making a loss on a car again. What's new?!

I often wonder if I hadn't so many car memories wether I'd have 8 screws and two titanium holding my spine together. Great car for that price Sam.

If I hadn't owned so many cars I wouldn't have a collection of spare nuts and bolts from various maintenance /repair jobs

I worked out a while back that I've probably lost about £20,000 over the last 20 years and 600 or so cars, so you've got a way to go before you reach my level of financial incompetence (although you are off to a flying start to be fair).

That’s about the cost of an entry level golf so you haven’t done too bad really.