My new 1993 Proton daily driver!

Prote

I absolutely love these. There's a house near us with an immaculate one, similar spec to this. Wouldn't hesitate to have one as my next car.

I vaguely remembered them when they were new. Love the fact it's the tough old Mitsubishi 4G15 engine and mechanicals underneath - makes it easy for parts shops to cross-reference. Parts cost pennies too. Oil filter was £4, air filter was £9. After owning a 2010 Subaru where every cost made my eyes water, the Proton is great :-) I'd certainly recommend them.

Hi and welcome along.

When i met my now wife 18 years ago her mother (MiL) had a H reg auto in blue but without the boot spoiler,4 door i think...

At the time i had a Clio 172 but I liked  driving the Proton.

But,and this is a big but.. You MUST post more photo's.3 just isn't enough..lol

Swans in here with his triple valve and Malaysian upholstery and claims the internet for the day.

That looks resplendent in dark blue.

Well bought, and good to hear the owners club are being helpful. I always got the feeling it was full of adenoids and arrogance.

It's so nice I'm even willing to overlook those wheel trims.

Hahahah. They're brutal aren't they? The owner supplied them free as it only had two rather tatty silver Halfords trims.  I believe these cost about £8 from carparts4less.co.uk. I'm trying to find the original Proton ones but they're a bit rare, or if available, very tatty :-(

Hahahah. They're brutal aren't they? The owner supplied them free as it only two rather tatty silver Halfords trims. I believe they cost about £8 from carparts4less.co.uk. I'm trying to find the original Proton ones but they're a bit rare, or if available, very tatty :-(

We’re pretty worldwide on AS - so stick an eBay.com search in your saved searches and I would wager someone will post for you.

Swans in here with his triple valve and Malaysian upholstery and claims the internet for the day.

That looks resplendent in dark blue.

Well bought, and good to hear the owners club are being helpful. I always got the feeling it was full of adenoids and arrogance.

Hehehe. There's one guy there who is parts man for the old Protons like mine. He drives one and stockpiles bits when he finds them. I got a Proton Haynes manual from Amazon for £2 so I'm all set...

Hi and welcome along.

When i met my now wife 18 years ago her mother (MiL) had a H reg auto in blue but without the boot spoiler,4 door i think...

At the time i had a Clio 172 but I liked  driving the Proton.

But,and this is a big but.. You MUST post more photo's.3 just isn't enough..lol

You sound like a Proton addict... I don't want you to overdose on pics... :-)