Saab 900i Auto - For Sale £900 Devon

holbeck

The ex Vantman Saab 900i auto is for sale

Apologies to Vantman for using a couple of his photo's but it looks the same a couple of months later.

post-4930-0-00450100-1534337677_thumb.jpg

post-4930-0-74776100-1534337717_thumb.jpg

post-4930-0-75753800-1534337737_thumb.jpg

post-4930-0-01061700-1534338286_thumb.jpg

Mileage is at 62k and the MOT is until the end of the year. The paint is gloriously flat and provokes comment on a regular basis.

I've used it as a daily driver for the past couple of months and it's been absolutely fine, if a little thirsty - 28mpg commuting.

Other than put petrol in, I've had to do nothing, other than a squeak developed on the rear brakes which was fixed* when I jacked the car up to investigate but didn't actually do anything.

Vantman's thread about it is here. http://autoshite.com/topic/23421-scruffy-saab-content-update-and-possibly-for-sale/

The car is in Devon, Thanks for looking.

I desperately want this, but I *need* an estate car suitable for greyhound transport. She likes to ride around standing up and I don't think she'd be happy in the back of this :(

I really can't justify having both.

Fingers crossed the wife will get an estate next and I'll be free to get something like this!

Good luck with the sale, hope it will stay in the fold.

I have spent countless cold/wet hours patching up my grotty poverty spec saloon only to find the gearbox is a bit pants so i think £900 is a bit of a bargain for a rot free 900 in my humble opinion.

Mine was equally as faded as this one but the paint did cut back with a bit of effort and polish up quite well (and even held its shine for a few weeks after).

It's in disgrace now and on Ebay looking for a new home...  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-900i-2-door-saloon-gearbox-concern/223103183655

I have spent countless cold/wet hours patching up my grotty poverty spec saloon only to find the gearbox is a bit pants so i think £900 is a bit of a bargain for a rot free 900 in my humble opinion.

Mine was equally as faded as this one but the paint did cut back with a bit of effort and polish up quite well (and even held its shine for a few weeks after).

It's in disgrace now and on Ebay looking for a new home...  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-900i-2-door-saloon-gearbox-concern/223103183655

No way, gutted to hear that. I was following your thread with great interest and if I knew it was up for sale for a gearbox I would have bought it and swapped in my gearbox!

I'll still be bothering you with questions sometime though...