LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

so someone ringed a bloody invacar LOL (also love the fact that it looks like its lined up for sale on just a regular used car dealerships forecourt.... "Put it in H!")

would it be possible to put the ringed invacar back on its original registration/ID?

I do wonder what happened to the 2 invacars does anyone know? (sadly I dont think theres an ians bus stop type website for invacars...)

especially considering they both looked to be up for sale at one point or another.

Chassis number is stamped on the front end of the frame under the access cover.

The challenge however is that quite a few of them - not unlike Routemasters - have been substantially rebuilt during their lives, so may well not have their original engine or body numbers!

I'm sure they'll probably turn up at some point.

alright full write up time :)

as ya can prolly guess by now I swung by Zels place again

this visit was mostly computer focused

I had a fun time playing with some vintage computers iv never had the chance to play with before including an Amiga 1200 and an Acorn A7000 :)

but we got up to some car based fun, I had a nice long trip out in the camper van. with me asking a load of questions about it.

then eventually we hopped in the Lada and paid Halfords a visit where I got a set of L plates :)

twas my first time visiting a halfords too, and first thing I noticed was it smells like sports direct in there (aka like a tube of tennis balls if you dont know what a sports direct smells like...) which im guessing its from all the cheap plastic crap outgassing  :mrgreen:

now that I have L plates im 2/3rds of my way to hitting the road for the first time, I just need to figure out the whole insurance aspect of it. (ironically on the train home I noticed theres an advertisement for learner insurance on the back of the pack L plates LOL, but it dosent look to be suitable as its for 30 days cover, like for insuring a parents car (plus the URL on the advert looks to be broken, well done halfords *slow clap*) , what I think im looking for is some sort of day insurance )

I do wonder what people thought of someone getting L plates then getting into the passenger side of a Lada :) (potentially one for the inappropriate learners thread if all goes well in the future  :mrgreen: )

and speaking of L plates it looks like someone might need to put theirs back on...

post-25614-0-49504800-1537033517_thumb.jpg

I also had a play with this computer but the interface was a bit ruff...  :mrgreen:

post-25614-0-84282100-1537034508_thumb.jpg

so yeah had a fun time once again, and am looking forward to visiting again some time in the future and hopefully get behind the wheel of something :) (sorry for the lack of pictures, im generally an enjoy the moment kind of person :) )

I found a 300w  lightbulb  :-D but it doesn't fit anything in my house. :-(

attachicon.gifccc 001.jpg

attachicon.gifccc 002.jpg

thats because its a Projector bulb from the Late 1960s early 1970s :)

I recommend checking out this video for a little more info on the production of this lamp (and its halogen equivalents)

Thats a most excellent film! Really enjoyed watching that.

Several years ago I had a wander round the Thorn/Mazda Factory, Headquarters and Development buildings (http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Documents/Factory%20-%20UK%20-%20Leicester.htm) in Leicester during demolition.

I always find the amount of research and customised machinery involved in bulb production fascinating!

Dave

Oh thats Awesome you got to wander around the Leicester site! indeed its quite fascinating everything that goes into something as "simple" as a regular lightbulb :)

id fucking love to have had the chance to do that! sadly the buildings are long gone now :(

the only major lamp manufacturing operations left in the UK is the Philips Factory in Hamilton Scotland making SOX (Low pressure sodium) lamps and even then they are stopping production by 2020 IIRC

heres another video I figured you may enjoy (I did :) )

well thats me pretty much fucked :(

post-25614-0-08002100-1537635843_thumb.jpg

once again its a case of "you physically LOOK fine and are not in a wheel chair so GTFO" been dealing with this bullshit since day 1 :( (I had to deal with this exact crap in school, no one believed me until I collapsed mid school day and couldn't walk for 6 months...)

post-25614-0-57588200-1537635861_thumb.jpg

to make matters even worse

I had been on JSA just to try and bring some money into the household (as I really like not getting evicted...) but last appointment they basically told me "your too broken for JSA, sign up to ESA" and as such im no longer on JSA (to be fair they aint wrong going to the job centre every 2 weeks has been quite hard on me, my hand was forced to sign up to JSA as I was being told by others in this household, you must bring in some money somehow or shits gonna go south) I do plan on applying for ESA and I do have an un-fit for work note thingy from my GP now.

but this is all quite the kick in the gut, and horribly depressing :( im not sure what Im going to do from here on out, I do plan on fighting the PIP thing somehow. and I hope to hell the ESA thing goes to plan otherwise I really dont know what the hell is gonna happen. (even then I think the ESA thing is only a temporary thing? iv never had to deal with this sort of crap before)

any who I think thats it for now.

Sadly many people in the same boat at the moment with this, default seems to be to turn all applications down in the first instance so make sure you put in an appeal, maybe seeing if you can get some support with the appeal from Citizens advice or one of your mp's caseworkers, one our our neighbours has got support from our MP's office which has helped resolved some particularly difficult frustrations with government agencies .

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

small update time

I have appealed the PIP thingy and am waiting for a response back from them

in the mean time I got an ESA thingy on the go with a un-fit note from my GP so that should tied me over rent wise hopefully until i can get the PIP thing on the go

so finally after much faffing around, phone calls and shit loads of stress and depression

iv been able to relax a little bit the past week or so which has been nice :) (granted everything is still very much up in the air, iv still got a little bit of ESA crap to sought out and i have no idea on what the PIP outcome will be)

I still have not gone looking in the new locations for the invacar, im quite weary of going on my own due to my back, hopefully ill find someone to drag with me to go on a second hunt for the invacar soon. as I still very much want to go looking for it and hopefully find myself an invacar :) (if I could teleport id also go looking for that one that was spotted in some overgrowth in wales  :mrgreen: )

Just wondering

someone here posted in DWs thread, a recent? picture of an abandoned invacar in wales

and im wondering does anyone have any information on that invacar and its whereabouts?

wales aint exactly what id call local but ill be dammed if im gonna let an invacar pass me by, so yeah :) id like to see if i could get some more info on it ie is it actually up for grabs? and what condition is it in?

Just wondering

someone here posted in DWs thread, a recent? picture of an abandoned invacar in wales

and im wondering does anyone have any information on that invacar and its whereabouts?

wales aint exactly what id call local but ill be dammed if im gonna let an invacar pass me by, so yeah :) id like to see if i could get some more info on it ie is it actually up for grabs? and what condition is it in?

post-20412-0-12902100-1539986262_thumb.jpg

That would be me, I tried messaging the poster of the photo as to its whereabouts but had no reply.

Perhaps you might have more success...??

attachicon.gif_20181019_225632.JPG

That would be me, I tried messaging the poster of the photo as to its whereabouts but had no reply.

Perhaps you might have more success...??

sorry I couldn't remember who posted it on DWs thread initially my bad :)

did she? ever post more pictures like she said she would?

being its FarceBook etc im a bit apprehensive against randomly messaging people (especially as that appears to be a women...) I was hoping someone here may of been able to recognise its exact whereabouts in pembrokeshire etc

edit side question: did anyone ever figure out what happened to or became of RRE20L? see page 2 for some details on this invacar :)

She never did post anymore pictures. There are a few people who commented on the thread that had pulled a couple of cars from there. West Wales is all she could allude to regarding its location, but I do know its around the Milford Haven/Haverfordwest area. There are a few people I know that reside down those parts so I shall try and enquire if they know exactly where it is.

Thank you very much for the information :)

if you find anyone willing to pop over to where its at and grab some pictures/gather some more information on it that would be very much appreciated :)

hopefully if nothing else, its body is in good shape (from the one picture we got the roof looked good at-least  :mrgreen: )

even if im not able to do anything about it, id hope someone else would be able to save it, the more invacars saved the better :) (tho I do hope im able to find an invacar for myself :) )

If you make contact with the invalid carriage register,you could find one available within days.a mk12 has just sold,and I know of someone else that would part with one,but won't be peanuts.

Ohh I didn't know they delt with the sale of invacars :)

however as you say it prolly wont be cheap, and I doubt id have the money they are asking for (granted I dont actually know how much an invacar would go for they dont crop up for sale often :) )

however on that note im specifically "looking" for a Model 70 (AC or invacar) so if anything crops up/if you think its worth enquiring do let me know :)

(I do realise that even if a Model 70 suddenly appeared in thin air with a *poof* and a cloud of smoke, that it would still cost me money getting it running/on the road and as such I have been trying to save up as best as I can putting any money I can into what I affectionally call the "invacar slush-fund"  :mrgreen: )

• 2 weeks later...

update for those following my PIP thingy

I got the letter back from them on my appeal 

and once more they declined me on the same old "he LOOKS fine so he must be fine" 

its really getting on my tits that :(

its like a car thats been driven without any oil in the engine, to the restaurant at the end of the universe and back

and someone looking at the outside of the car and going "whats wrong your car its perfectly fine!"

looks like my next steps are some sort of hand written appeal to a tribunal?

at-least I have the ESA thing on the go so i dont have to worry about the rent for now...

update for those following my PIP thingy

I got the letter back from them on my appeal 

and once more they declined me on the same old "he LOOKS fine so he must be fine" 

its really getting on my tits that :(

its like a car thats been driven without any oil in the engine, to the restaurant at the end of the universe and back

and someone looking at the outside of the car and going "whats wrong your car its perfectly fine!"

looks like my next steps are some sort of hand written appeal to a tribunal?

at-least I have the ESA thing on the go so i dont have to worry about the rent for now...

I know very little about this whole system and am no doubt teaching you to suck eggs so I apologise in advance, but don't be afraid to seek help and advice such as detailed here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/

once again its a case of "you physically LOOK fine and are not in a wheel chair so GTFO" been dealing with this bullshit since day 1 :( (I had to deal with this exact crap in school, no one believed me until I collapsed mid school day and couldn't walk for 6 months...)

This is more or less the plot of "I Daniel Blake" (except for the end hopefully).  I know we don't do politics but I do despair of the country at times.  This isn't being done in my name (I know that's no help, sorry).

Thanks for the Link mrbenn dont worry about the eggs im also pretty clueless about all of this too LOL

This is more or less the plot of "I Daniel Blake" (except for the end hopefully).  I know we don't do politics but I do despair of the country at times.  This isn't being done in my name (I know that's no help, sorry).

post-25614-0-06101700-1541176930_thumb.png

not sure I want to look up the rest now..., are there invacars tho?  :mrgreen:

in better news im pleased to report tube 1 of 2 from my post in the "what makes you grin" thread is working nicely :)

post-25614-0-16942200-1541177337_thumb.jpg

This forum really could do with a Tag feature! at the time I bought the pair the listing was still up

but sadly the seller of the above tubes, pulled the listing with ebay saying "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." despite the listing showing 4 available still, might be worth contacting the seller still?

if your actively trying to find a Gold tube or 2 (rather then just hoping to stumble across one or 2) I also know of these on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273519066774 sadly with shipping they end up getting a bit pricey

(im pleased to report the second tube out of the 2 is working nicely too :) )

I have some pictures scattered across a few lighting forums

however most of them are pretty poor photos and are also from a time when my spelling was fucking awful like seriously embarrassingly bad... was so bad not even spell checker could correct it LOL I have not uploaded much in recent years due to various reasons (who would of thunk it, getting death threats on Christmas day when you where 11/12, puts you off something...)

but I do still uploaded the odd thing here n there to those forums, like the above Atlas 15W Gold tubes  :mrgreen: heres an example of my gallery on one of the forums https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=10476 (the other forums im on you have  to be a member to actually view anything sadly so no point linking those) (LightBulbFun has become my default internet alias so you may be able to find me elsewhere via that name, Lighting Gallery was the first Forum I singed up too back in 2009 hence the different name)