Peugeot 605 SRDT Bosch Pump, 89k, DONE

bramz7

As I type this, wide awake due to the shift work I am currently being afflicted by, I feel a twinge of sadness for not keeping it as I said I would. However, there was no point me kidding myself or anyone around, I just can't hack car commitment. I get itchier feet with cars than someone with acrophobia walking across a bridge. Something I am also afflicted with. I have become the butt of numerous peoples jokes about car buying, I am sure.

Warning, spares are hard to source.

As I have an R11 which is lovely and comfortable and French, and low mileage, and previously one owner until me, I'll stop there as it's not an excuse to sell this beauty barge but I must desist.

The niggles:
-Exhaust mount has come loose in the mid, causing it to rattle from low speeds. Getting worse.
-Some small areas of paint loss and one or two dings.
-Sometimes slow to start but does always start.
-Gear shift a touch notchy.
-Window wash bottle has a leak somewhere. The pump works as it comes out, just not out of the washers. It comes out of the wheel arch.
-Wiper rests are perished, but still do as designed.

That's about it. It's the better of the two 605s I have owned, and the engine is decent. DO NOT expect a speed machine as it isn't but its a mega cruiser and is very comfortable to sit in, and you look cool as fuck in it. My recently acquired C5 HDI 90 is better on the m'ways though, but handling wise, the Pug beats it hands down. The chassis is old, but it grips and sweeps bends majestically, and will outpace a good few moderns around the corners. Trust me, I have tried and succeeded.

Service history is good. Belts are not due, brakes are decent if a bit wooden, which seems to be a 605 issue in general, but they are better than the ones on the automatic I shifted. PAS pump does not whine, steering is sharp and true, the tyres are all very good Michelins which run quiet, the fuel economy seems right, the car doesn't leak anything, the interior electrics work, the windows go up and down smooth as silk, the split climate heater controls work, the radio works, the aerial works, there is an unused CD changer boxed in the boot ready for install, the sunroof has a neat wind deflector which stops the 'DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM' wind noises when driving with it open....You get the picture, it's a decent car.

Price is negotiable to a point, but if you offer full £875 I will chuck in some genuine beige 605 matts, and get the exhaust rattle sorted, and get it serviced. It doesn't really need the latter, but why not.

i am open to swapping for a decent 156. Does anyone on here even have one? Or I might swap for a very nice Punto JTD (1.9, not the 1.3) in decent spec. Basically, I love Italian cars and shifting the 164 is leaving an Italian tricolour shaped hole in both my head and my heart. And because I can't physically or mentally keep cars for longer than a fortnight. I probably have something wrong with me, but don't we all?

Here is some photos from when I bought it:

42977208194_74a6b686ce_b.jpg1993 Peugeot 605 SRDT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

43646475112_55d6b57ae5_b.jpgPeugeot 605 interior. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

29823207968_f5113bcdb3_b.jpg1993 Peugeot 605 SRDT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

It's in Basingstoke. I can deliver, for cost.

MOT for ages.

Insert generic if it doesn't sell I will keep blah blah. Life is too short for car commitment basically.

Just so everyone is clear, I can only do swaps if the insurance isn't crackers. i would love a 2.4 JTD 156, or even Marea. Again, unlikely anyone on here owns one who wants a burgundy 605.

That is very, very nice.  I'd love it, a 605 has been on the want list for a long time, sadly not going to happen at the moment.  Hopefully someone on here can take it in - RobT?

Sorry, wrong engine and gearbox for me, but I'm happy to offer delivery services.