AJS Model 20 project

Tamworthbay

The mad thing is the headlights aren't that rare,std fitment on many autocycles and bicycles of the time,but stick the word corgi on and the price doubles.

Not sure they are exactly the same, I have seen similar but never identical. Mine is registered as well which seems very rare these days as most coming up seem to have lived in a shed for the last 60 years or the £3-4K ones like the one on eBay at mo. It has the buff and new log book, only thing that worries me slightly is that it may get plate raped as it’s a very nice plate and that would annoy me but nothing I can do about that once it’s sold.

£1021 now,my £1000 offer with a box of kit kats was bang on the money and you turned me down

very true, but I needed dimensions of the kit kat box which were sadly not forthcoming. The questions are keeping me busy from people (serious ones) I knew old bikes were popular but didn’t realise they were like this, never had so much interest selling an old car, usually don’t get much interest at all in fact!

The guy I bought the range rover from had texts like that on his phone, when I rang him he said thank fuck for that somebody who can speak in English not bollocks

They all seemed to come in the first couple of hours for me, I guess it’s chancers hoping for a bargain from the unknowing. Since then it’s just been a steady stream of serious stuff.

I should be getting it out and get some pics of it in the next day or two so can send them over to you when I do if you want.

Thank you for that. I would buy at a bargain price, but as said, I feel it may bring as much as the AJS, and me being 60 years too old for a Corgi doesn't help.

My mate at the end of the street is off on his hols, he will know much more than I about these things.

Be best if you open it to all when you are ready.

I'd leave it until the AJS sells, if  a dealer buys, he may well take both.

Thank you for that. I would buy at a bargain price, but as said, I feel it may bring as much as the AJS, and me being 60 years too old for a Corgi doesn't help.

My mate at the end of the street is off on his hols, he will know much more than I about these things.

Be best if you open it to all when you are ready.

I'd leave it until the AJS sells, if a dealer buys, he may well take both.

I don’t expect it to be AJS money and there would be a decent shiter discount as I know it would mean hassle free, so will be in touch.

Looks like eBay are about to kick my arse, I sold some mini parts over the weekend and sent the guy my number on a picture, I got a warning just now by email telling me to keep it clean for three days or else, hmmm, I have sent the pic with my number to three people today. The warning also claims they will charge final fees on a price they deem appropriate if they think a sale occurred outside of eBay. Like fuck they will. I fully expect to get my arse slapped as they are Nazis, wonder if they will pull the listing though?

Are you in the "complete vehicles for sail" fee category or the " some ole bits of vehicle" fee category?

The bike is the pay a tenner whole bike category, the mini bits were in the parts section. I have had a couple of offers but haven’t responded beyond, come and have a look and then have a bid. But I have sent pics of my phone number as it’s ridiculous when selling something like this that people can’t even fucking talk to you about it, it’s not a toaster ffs. I am sure I will get a suspension, just wondering if they will pull this listing which would be a pain in the arse.

:lol: that’s brilliant. I know they don’t like you passing on numbers so I have been taking a pic of it and send8ng that for a few years now without issue, they have obviously caught on to that trick now.

Yes thought that from title but seen blether and links for a Capri resto then Corgi adds and wondered what was selling

Yeah Sorry bout that, it has sort of evolved. I wasn’t planning on putting it on here as thought there would be limited interest but made a comment on the Capri thread and one other and lots of people seemed interested so I put pics on there and started getting PMs so thought I should do it properly, then someone mentioned the Corgi, so people wanted info in that as well so it’s all sort of rolled into one unfortunately (my fault entirely). For now it’s just the AJS, purely as I don’t really have space to get the Corgi stuff out until it’s gone but if anyone was desperate I could sort something. Once the AJS has found a new home the Corgi will be up for grabs shortly after. I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Just had an email to say my account is ‘under review’ for the grand crime af actually wanting to speak to someone about something they may like to buy that costs a lot of money. Truly crazy. On the plus side got a couple of people coming to have a nose with a view to bidding, both sound serious and decent blokes. One today and one to confirm tomorrow.

Indeed they are, just had a message to say the listing has been suspended whatever that means. It’s still showing on mine at the second but doesn’t show if I search after I log out. I can’t message anyone about it either. Just crazy. They are also threatening to suspend my sellling for seven days. Crazy. Really pissed off over this as it’s taken me ages to decide to sell it for obvious reasons and could do without them being morons about it.

Bad news - eBay are twunts and have stopped the listing because I sent someone my number and someone else mentioned a buy it now price.

Good news- the guy due to arrive this afternoon did so on time, he was happy to buy it there and then for a very fair price and with a bit of sorting cash was exchanged for boxes of bits and both are happy. I have a promise of updates which is nice as I want to see it finished and I also have the funds to help the Capri get done as well.

So bollocks to you eBay, I was happy to let the auction run but this works far better for me as it turns out. For those interested in the Corgi, I have taken the chance to,paint the garage floor whilst it was clear and as soon as that has gone off I will get pics and details for everyone who has asked for them.