Endangered species

Mash

Yeah, the last few remaining ones are probably all cheapo drift cars by now. Another problem is that the LGX interior isn't usually in the desired tan/brown either. I'll continue to keep my ear to the ground though. And thanks for the approval of my car, which I can assure you will never become a "drift weapon", though will get a quirky engine swap at some point!Loving the bin bag shot of the Regata too!

I know where there's a long abandoned one of you fancy making it two :lol:

Posted Image

Is that the one on the back roads to Mablethorpe or Skegness? I cant remember which. Crikey!, it must've been 2000 ish when i saw that if its the same one!

Prisma? Italian for Delta with a boot!So very nearly bought one of those a few years back, but got all sensible and bought a Mk2 Astra instead. I hated it, but it probably lasted longer than the lancia would have. There's been a couple of HPE's bought though....lovely!!!

If anyone knows the whereabouts of one of these in the UK, I would be extremely interested to know about it. Having said that though, it would probably be cheaper to import one from sunnier climes than attempt to resurrect a British car should there be one languishing somewhere... :?

Posted Image

Whilst I was browsing for these, I came across a Japanese rotary website which has some ace photos of Africa in the early 70s. Here's a taster:

Posted Image

And here's the link. I just did some random clicking on the menu at the side and it produced all sorts of delights!

http://www.okura-auto.co.jp/rw/album/ol ... rica1.html

It's parked up amongst some abandoned farm buildings on the A1031 coast road north of Mablethorpe. You can just see it from the road. Here's the exact location if you want to take a look on google earth..Lat: 53°22'55.02"NLon: 0°12'56.45"EOr here's the place on flashearthThe place is completely abandoned and derelict but equiries at the nearby houses might establish who owns the place. No idea what what shape the car is in as I've not been over to look at it close up. I might check it out tomorrow or saturday if the weather is good and see if it's worth rescuing.

The place is completely abandoned and derelict but equiries at the nearby houses might establish who owns the place. No idea what what shape the car is in as I've not been over to look at it close up. I might check it out tomorrow or saturday if the weather is good and see if it's worth rescuing.

If you get a chance that would be great, btw, i'm planning another meet in the New Year

The place is completely abandoned and derelict but equiries at the nearby houses might establish who owns the place. No idea what what shape the car is in as I've not been over to look at it close up. I might check it out tomorrow or saturday if the weather is good and see if it's worth rescuing.

Give me a shout if you fancy going tomorrow, i'm at Tetney first thing but am going to try and slack off for the rest of the day after about 10... :D

as dacias were closely related to my normal interest hope i am allowed to comment when i was much younger the local renault service point started selling dacias but quality was awful porous blocks, leaking calipers, dodgy racks etc (they were all imported as lhd and converted in uk) if you can imagine a whole car being built using dodgy pattern parts you get the idea at the time best repair option was to use second hand R12 bits instead as NEW dacia swivel joints failed mot test I do also know of a BRAND NEW unregistered estate car which was robbed for spares in 1984 by another dacia dealer and is still being kept as a 12 gordini estate project (well thats what hes been telling me for 15 years any way !!!) tell me how to post ? and i may just be allowed to post pics are you sure the car you have spotted is dacia and not just mk2 r12paul

First post here, might as well inaugurate this by saying that Dacias are definitely NOT disgusting - I have romanian blood somewhere and most of that branch owns the things - but absolute pure 42-carat shite. As soon as i know how to upload photos (being crap at anything computer-like), I will post evidence, as well as other things like Tagoras which will probably kae you go all weak at the knees. You have been warned!

Here's one I haven't seen for a good long time, the saloon version of the Mk1 Polo, the VW Derby:

Posted Image

There's a really good colour press photo on a Polish website but I can't get the damn thing to load on here!!

I remember being driven in one of those Derbys 20-odd years ago. It was the later model with the bigger placca bumpers and square headlights. Only thing of note - apart from the 'wood' strip on the dash - were the seatbelts, which didn't have conventional buckles. Think it was a VW/Audi thing back then.

Only thing of note were the seatbelts, which didn't have conventional buckles. Think it was a VW/Audi thing back then.

Vaguely remember the belts in a friend's early model Golf GLS, which had no buckles at all but instead the webbing was hooked around a lever on top of the transmission tunnel that you then clicked home. That car was only otherwise remarkable for the enormous amounts of dust that you could whip up by whacking the velour-covered seats :D