2005 Kia Picanto Auto

DodgyBastard

All local selling stuff like AT and GT just depends where you live and what kind of people live in your local area. Gumtree round here is much like FOADS experience, you could literally spend seventeen thousand hours replying to messages from people with obvious mental health or substance abuse issues, but more than likely they have no intention of buying the car from the outset. Arguing with strangers on the internet is a genuine hobby for a lot of people. Its free, its immediate and no matter how bad your life is, it allows the lowest forms of life to feel superior to the stranger theyve picked at random to argue with.

Hope someone on hear takes it man. Looks like a canny little car. Id rock it round the doors.

Sorry to be a party pooper; but from the evidence in the screenshots I just get the impression that, apart from one or two obvious idiots, I can see an aggressive seller putting off some fairly genuine buyers.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Sorry to be a party pooper; but from the evidence in the screenshots I just get the impression that, apart from one or two obvious idiots, I can see an aggressive seller putting off some fairly genuine buyers.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

With respect, what I'm seeing is a whole load of people that haven't read the advert properly.

There hasn't been one genuine buyer yet, it's fairly easy to tell if they are genuinely interested within the first couple of messages. All of these cunts start by making low offers the haggle until we agree a price, then they want it fucking delivered! It might seem like I'm being aggressive but it's just because they have asked lots of stupid questions which are covered in the advert. then haggle some more with the price then go round and round wanting it delivered.

In my eyes a serious buyer would make contact, arrange a time to see it and actually fucking turn up. They would then asses the condition of the car and make an offer that they were willing to pay, there could be a bit of haggling and we'd agree on a price. Everybody's happy.

Instead this lot of fucking dickhead cunts just go round in circles with the same bullshit, I swear they are all probably the same person trying to wear me down so I'll just tell them to fucking take it away.

Christ! I blame the internet and smart phones.

I suppose long gone are the days where you post an advert in a paper and someone phones for a chat about the item before coming by to chat some more, have a look and hand over some money.

I don't envy you, I hate selling cars.

Is there anywhere you can display it with a sign in the window?

We still have adverts in the post office window,  with old shaky writing,  -

Kia  5 door hatchback , silver , good condition , little used  £ 1200  ono ,     Mr. Oswald , call at number 12 Bosworth Close , Nunstone Road , Cowslip ...  

They don't want people not turning up , i guess  :-D

Just stuck it on Autotrader for £999 and got a phone call minutes after placing the advert.

"Hi is it still available" 

Yes

"Where are you"

Dunfermline

"Where?"

Dunfermline!!!

"Where's that"

In fucking Scotland, where are you?

"Oxford"

Fuck off!

I don't think autotrader is going to be any easier...

Fuck me!  I feel sorry for you Foad, I've had enough grief just selling odds and ends on ebay for a few quid with the twats who can't be bothered to read.

To quote Nathan Barley, The rise of the idiots. 

As others have said maybe try the traditional methods of a local Paper Shop or maybe just put a simple 'For Sale' sign in the window. Which I've noticed more of lately by me which I suspecting is people who have given up on the internet for the same reasons. 

Looks a great motor though and I'm sure it find a new home soon enough for that money. 

Autotrader distances assume you take a VTOL plane directly between each location. Saying that, it should still show Oxford to Dumferline as being silly miles away.

Yep, not sure how they measure distance but it's several dozen miles off usually. 

I fucking hate selling cars. Gumtree isn't too bad but I have had plenty of people expect me to lower the price due their money issues or due to niggles with the car mentioned in the advert...

It's the fish sticker in the back window - it means creationism. Something in particular to do with Jesus and giving out fish to five thousand. Basically a sign that you are a church go-er.

The alternative is the fish with Darwin written in the middle. Means you believe in Darwinism - i.e. the opposite.