IRAN'S ARROW (Paykan Documentary UK Premiere)

PaykanHunter

Were any Paykans built in right hand drive after production began in Iran?

No. No evidence of any RHD model made in Iran. Interestingly for years the Iranians  were thinking that the windshield wipers weren't converted for the Iranians LHD market, and for the last 5-6 year of production, and all the Paykan-Pickup after that, the fools in IranKhodro actually tooled-up new windshield wipers and made them RHD! Idiots!... 

Sorry, I can't make it. But I would like to see your film.  

BTW I miss your website, I used to enjoy the regular Peykan updates.

Thank you. I will keep you guys posted on further development, hopefully I an find a good distributor for the film. As for www.PaykanHunter.com yes it has been neglected, but I will fire it up hopefully soon.  Thank you!

Would be very interested in a copy of this once you've sorted distribution.  Welcome back!

Thank you! Would love to share this film with all of you here, will keep you guys posted on further development. 

Meanwhile you can check out the trailer on the previous Festival it was screened at:

https://www.iranian-filmfestival.com/irans-arrow-the-rise-fall-of-paykan-2/

Coventry motor museum. They've got a Hunter... Er no they haven't.

attachicon.gif20180806_121130.jpg

This was on Monday

Yes that is an actual Paykan they got. I don't know actually how they got! It is either a 1981 or 1982 model. It was right around that time that they were fitted with the Avenger 1600cc engine. 

We are looking for distributor. The film is not released yet.  Thank you for your interest. 

About 20 or so years ago I struggled to find a Hunter distributor, bloody lobes had worn away to near nothing broke my heart trying to get any kind of a gap at the points,  these days it would be a simple matter of dropping in the electronic doodar.

Iranian embassy car maybe? The general staff and families don’t all get S class Mercedes do they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For obvious reasons there's plenty of TV footage of the Iranian embassy back in 1980 and I've never seen one in the background.