Autoshite holiday

DSdriver

d4bbf490f629c3b748915c8b2b9475c5.jpg

Keys shut in boot.

Rac have taken car to nearest town (Rennes) , fortunately there was a hotel opposite the restaurant car park. We are still 150 miles short of our first destination and have luggage stuck in back of car.

It is possible to gain access to the boot by folding the back seat down but that also requires the bloody key.

Any helpful suggestions in case the garage fail to open the boot? Do they put the key number in the handbook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there not a boot release button on the drivers door?

If so, you need to get 12v to an ignition controlled circuit on the fuse box which should in turn activate the release button.

Cheers

I’ll suggest this if all I get is a gallic shrug over the phone.

Yay they got the boot lid opened, managing to bugger up the cigar lighter and its surround in the process but hey-ho. Then waited for us to pitch up in a taxi as they didn’t want to rummage in a boot full of our personal possessions.

All covered by FootmanJames except the hotel (which we would have done anyway), the taxi or the imodium needed for the stress

I still have one of those Polco things clinging to some Dexion in the garage.   There is a key in it.   Unfortunately I have no idea what it fits or why I put it there. 

Hope the recovery testing experiment hasn't stuffed your holiday too much, Mr Driver.....

Spent the last two nights slumming on a friends yacht. Today was a wonderful day spent driving down the rural roads of France to the Charente. its like everybody has been hoovered up by aliens. I suppose because everything shuts down for August in France. Stand by for more shite spottage.

Things I have noticed whilst driving in France:

Rover 75s have Paris (75) registrations

Road numbers are purely for administration reasons and can randomly differ from maps and garmin.

The closer you get to Paris the faster people drive.

We have some pictures of a Brit Citroen CX we met on the autoroute south of Paris that will win Autoshite as soon as we can get MrsDS's phone to cooperate

Here you all are, I know you've been waiting patiently :)

29288003487_7a8cbfd881_z.jpg

What's that in the distance? by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr

44175278912_7dfe2b9325_z.jpg

Oh Wow by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr

44175274042_f0d21a2bff_z.jpgWe caught up at the fuel station by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr

44175271052_cc3efdfac2_z.jpgA superb way to travel by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr

The apparent reason for the roofbox despite there only being the gentleman and his wife in the car was because the boot was full of toolboxes, tools, fuel additives and other items necessary to ensure completion of their journey. I forgot to ask how far they had travelled.

The car was hand painted and had a hand made scoop on the bonnet, I can't remember whether that goes to the interior or the carby.

I did point out that my DS23 runs fine without any fuel additives, and I think this CX has the same engine.

That's grand to see, even if it looks like it's seen better days. Still, street legal until January. Should be tax/MoT exempt by September '19.

And it's a C-matic, so that roofbox probably contains a supply of Fluide-T.

I can't remember where the air duct goes either. On mine, it's a mesh-covered square duct that funnels down to Feck-only-knows.