MGF roffle - drawing tonight!

warninglight

ah shure ye were hopin big style

Like most, I was and I wasn't in fairly equal measure!

Pros:

• nearly-free car
  • omgsportscar floppytop gigglz
  • kollekshun fred japes
  • do quite like that colour

Cons:

• MGF
  • getting the bastard back to Belfast from Cumbria (not the very worst, I'll grant you)
  • MGF
  • MrsDC despises these things with a hearty passion now rarely seen since Eamonn Holmes became less ubiquitous on the nation's screens
  • MGF
  • General assumption by friends, family and neighbours that I've embarked on a slightly premature mid-life crisis
  • MGF
  • Harder to shift coming into the colder months
  • MGF
  • I've already spent a load of time and effort on one of these automotive horrors before, to no good end
  • MGF.

Oh yeah - and it's an MGF.

Still - all somewhat academic now! I'm vastly relieved and slightly disappointed simultaneously. Couldn't have happened to a nicer Moog.

Anyway, I should have known not to break the Autoshite Roffle-monger's cardinal rule - only enter roffles for cars you can feasibly sleep in, should your win displease Domestic Management.

Congratulations Hairnet, it's somehow poetic that you can obtain a working MGF for roughly the same price as a new head gasket!

Hairnet didn't win it - just informed me of the delight that I had!

Collection scheduled for this weekend. Will be interesting to see how it handles compared to the mx5.

MS AMC was actually getting quite excited about this so she's probably more disappointed than I am.

If it roffles again I'll have a random - maybe 2.

Plan is to sell it on straight away (assuming I don't fall in love with it and replace the mx5) - the money will be used for the Rover (got to pay for my mistake somehow)