Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
Project

Volvo 940 estate

Project

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   GLTease

GLTease

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:52 AM

Many thanks for the tips, much appreciated .... hope to get stuck in soon

RE the breather system, I recently sorted mine out (Also B230FK so will be identical) and the job is fresh in my mind so I'll offer a few tips...

1. Don't bother replacing the separator/breather box! The aftermarket ones are apparently flimsy and the original is easy to clean. I blocked up two of the holes on mine, filled the third exposed inlet with brake fluid, sloshed it about, let it soak and repeated the process once more. Now breathes clean and clear and only cost a couple of pounds worth of brake cleaner.

2. When you've got the box off the black, detach the lines that come from it and make sure they're clear. I replaced the smaller vacuum line that goes from the upper breather tube to the manifold with 4.5mm id silicone hose, again only a couple of quid. Also check the breather/vacuum/nipples on the manifold these get blocked too, a 2mm drill bit works perfectly to push through them.

3. Don't waste any time looking for the 'flametrap'! Lots of reference to these online and I searched for mine for ages in vain, in reality later turbo cars weren't fitted with them. Save yourself the time, there isn't one ;)

• JoeyEunos likes this

#32 OFFLINE   GLTease

GLTease

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 AM

The ebay listing stated a check engine light was on for the last 3 years, after a long drive and cleaning, and disconnecting the battery check engine light is gone... Anyone got tips on doing rocker gasket on a Volvo redblock before I get stuck in...

#33 OFFLINE   JoeyEunos

JoeyEunos

• Full Members
  • 275 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationDurham

Posted Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Check engine (Lambda) light will go if you disconnect the battery, or if you pull fuse 1 for a few seconds. Just a case of waiting to see if it comes back....

Can't help with the rocker gasket but it looks very straight forward.

• GLTease likes this

#34 OFFLINE   warninglight

warninglight

• Full Members
  • 528 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationLake District

Posted Yesterday, 05:59 PM

Belated hello and welcome from another Northern Irish shiter! Now living in the Lakes so you'll have passed by on your way up the M6.

Will have to keep an eye out for you around the Lisburn Rd next time I'm home.

• GLTease likes this

#35 OFFLINE   GLTease

GLTease

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 06:54 PM

Throttle body removed and a few mm of crud removed with carb cleaner and Gunk inside and out, linkage had been greased too much and had collected a fair bit of dung also.. Throttle body kinda sticks out in another wise dusty engine bay.. 304680edc79fdccfbec674c4395480db.jpg7076bba9d70610f8ed469596a5a9b0d6.jpg
  • danthecapriman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users