New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Howdy. I remember seeing your Probe in a car park and remarking that while a bit oddly shaped, it's actually quite attractive. 

Hi. Yeah there are some unique elements in the styling that I still notice now. A lot of owners are fond of the way the windows wrap around the rear with no visible frames including myself. I'm a little more simple so it's the pop-up headlights that sold it when I first got one along with the air scooping front bumper. It's quite easy to make them look very different with certain camera angles and subtle exterior changes like the front number plate shape. They came with normal UK plates as standard but the front one hides some of the styling.

91MiXM5.png

That's a lovely shot.

Thanks, it's one of the better ones I have! It was taken at Silverstone in August.

Hi all,

I met quite a few of you last year at Arley Hall (I think it was there anyway).

As a long time member of the United Kingdom Ford Probe Owner's club, you'll be shocked and confused to hear that I own, a Ford Probe. Yes, the unsung hero of Ford's many interesting developments during the 90s (Scorpio anyone) and the car that Clarkson said "looks good enough to snap knicker elastic at 50 paces". I've kept that car running for five years now after owning two Probes previously. Everything about the Probe is great from the V6 Mazda POWER under the bonnet through to the tan leather I had my mates install from a donor car. The minute I step into that vehicle, I become my local version of Magnum PI and the only thing that lets me down there is the inability to grow a moustache.

You're probably thinking "that's a bit boring, why has he not tried anything else?" Well... I have. I used to own a Cashmere Gold Maestro Mayfair with brown velour interior which a friend of mine on here tried to help me flog (you may remember seeing it). It was great and I still own all the original documentation from the day my Grandfather bought it new. It ended up becoming parts of various other Maestros in the end. Anyway, back to the present and the Probe is getting high on mileage. I want to keep it looking good and running well so I have been lurking around the 'for sale' part of Autoshite for a while now with a view to possibly buying some pre-owned Autoshite from here to give the Probe a break.

Although I've had no success yet, I thought I should come on here and say hello.

Hello.

Welcome along, Nick, about time you joined up! I think your Maestro ended up somewhere near Blackpool, iirc. I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but there is a Probe fairly near to your family home that is/was used daily.

hello all; Ive recent - well today really; joined this forum; I had been a 'long time lurker' - anyhow I made the effort to sign up, as joined/linked or whatever the autoshite FB page last week, as my Mercedes 190E was knicked from outside the house here, n attempt to ensure 'maximum internet exposure' of the car, I joined on there in the hope that some Irish members might spot it... thankfully I managed to get the car back, as a mate plastered it on a regional forum I used to be a part of, n member on there spotted it, n it was picked up an gardai - amazingly I got it back with all my tools in the boot , the two spare alloys a rack I had bought for another car, tins of old auto paint etc etc still in the car - the thieving skum also left the keys in the centre console - on the downside, the thieving skum did about 250-300 miles in the car n basically ragged it furiously (gearbox has taken a real hammering, n they bashed all the buttons on the sony stereo to death)... still I count myself lucky to have got it back!! ....aside from the merc I have a few other cars - 6 or 7 in various states of repair/disrepair - I have a penchant for vw's - but Im not into the roof racks of tat etc - Ive just had that many over the years that bits of them are everywhere, having broken many that were completely worn out, or otherwise doomed... I live in southern Ireland; were the road tax is eye watering, fuel never goes down in price n the road are terrible....!!

I can't remember if I properly introduced myself, I signed up ages ago, made a couple of token posts and slipped back into lurker mode.

Anyway, I'm a 30yr old shite fan from Belfast with a touch of volvo love. I've a soft spot for bike shite as well, Jawa/MZ that sort of thing.

Life has recently been full of shite recently, so I'll maybe make a bit more effort this time.

As you were

Michael

That's got to be the shortest chapter in our Big Book Of Collection Threads!

Ha ha its the edited version.

I picked it up in wakefield and though the 250 mile drive back to scotland would be no bother, it had a 12month ticket just put on what could go wrong??

Got 15 miles, overheated big time. Drove it back to the seller who was a great lad, he cleaned out the cooling system and changed the thermostat as he said it was faulty.

Went for round to and got a good 75 miles constantly watching the temp gauge before i came to a hill on a road near Middlesbrough and then came a loud knocking noise and loss of power.

Called the brakdown guys and they took a look and said no idea whats wrong and gave me a lift home. Epic win :)

Mate fitted a new radiator and waterpump and its been ok ever since, just the hot start issues but i think that happens with them all.