New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

A brown avensis sounds highly desirable!, How do they work? How do you pay for your ticket etc?

Works on the bonus of lottery.

Ask for however many tickets you want, then once it is full and everyone has paid, the next lotto draw decides the winner.

All members are manually authorised once accounts are validated. I think currently there is a bit of a backlog as have about 20 odd applying everyday so are done in chunks.

Then everyone is on restricted posts for first 10 (I think) just in case they are spammers or someone who has been asked to leave.

Hi shiters, long time lurker here who has finally got round to registering and will hopefully get involved in these shenanigans. At the moment I have a horrible bastard Peugeot 307, a first gen Mazda RX-7 (project), a Honda Pan European and a VFR400. I am also the custodian of an E36 and a Peugeot 309 for family members. Past shite: Peugeots – 205 x2, 106, 306, Mercedes – 190e x2, 300d, BMW 740i E38, Rover P6, Lexus LS400. I want to turn the 307 into a Jag (or something else equally wafty), so if anyone wants to make that happen (unlikely) that'd be great, otherwise it's getting sold and a more luxurious conveyance will be purchased.

I've got plenty of tools and fairly reasonable chod-wrangling facilities, including a Lexia, full VCDS, BMW INPA and a 2 post lift - if these would be of use to you fine people, what's the best way to make them available?

Thanks for a good laugh so far, looking forward to getting more involved.

Hi shiters, long time lurker here who has finally got round to registering and will hopefully get involved in these shenanigans. At the moment I have a horrible bastard Peugeot 307, a first gen Mazda RX-7 (project), a Honda Pan European and a VFR400. I am also the custodian of an E36 and a Peugeot 309 for family members. Past shite: Peugeots – 205 x2, 106, 306, Mercedes – 190e x2, 300d, BMW 740i E38, Rover P6, Lexus LS400. I want to turn the 307 into a Jag (or something else equally wafty), so if anyone wants to make that happen (unlikely) that'd be great, otherwise it's getting sold and a more luxurious conveyance will be purchased.

I've got plenty of tools and fairly reasonable chod-wrangling facilities, including a Lexia, full VCDS, BMW INPA and a 2 post lift - if these would be of use to you fine people, what's the best way to make them available?

Thanks for a good laugh so far, looking forward to getting more involved.

were u from?

Hello, I'm new too, there's a roffle for an s type jaguar which could tick the wafty box for you?..

I have done the deed, it's not the exact variety of Jag I'm looking for but if it's mine for 3 randoms that'll do me just fine.

were u from?

I'm from Reading but during the week I live in Bradford.

Further to my introductory post and to prove that I'm not lying about the cars in the household to boost my status and impress strangers on the internet, have a picture of 2/3rds of the current household fleet:

attachicon.gifIMG_20181111_090505.jpg

And also a shot of my RX-7 ft. bonus background chod:

attachicon.gifIMG_1313.JPG

I think you may need to get yourself a thread of your own, young man...

(That RX7 is tasty. Weirdly, I once found a steering wheel for one in the drama cupboard when I worked in a school.)

Good afternoon shiters,

I currently drive an utterly unremarkable 2008 Astra 1.6 hatchback (too modern I know, I'm trying to fix that by looking after it). This is my first car since I was a teenager, having lived in Oxford for the past decade where cars are of little use. I cycle to work (it's fastest and there's absolutely no parking at work anyway) so it's been difficult to justify owning a car. Last year I moved to a house with off street parking so am now able to do some home spannering which helps with the economics, at least in theory.

While I was learning to drive, my Dad and I adopted an Austin A30 which was fun to buzz around in along backlanes but didn't stay with us long due to the terrifying amount of rust. That's about as far as my car ownership goes. I have dabbled with mopeds.

I am an admirer of small commercial vehicles. I don't mention this on my Tinder profile.

Good afternoon shiters,

I currently drive an utterly unremarkable 2008 Astra 1.6 hatchback (too modern I know, I'm trying to fix that by looking after it). This is my first car since I was a teenager, having lived in Oxford for the past decade where cars are of little use. I cycle to work (it's fastest and there's absolutely no parking at work anyway) so it's been difficult to justify owning a car. Last year I moved to a house with off street parking so am now able to do some home spannering which helps with the economics, at least in theory.

While I was learning to drive, my Dad and I adopted an Austin A30 which was fun to buzz around in along backlanes but didn't stay with us long due to the terrifying amount of rust. That's about as far as my car ownership goes. I have dabbled with mopeds.

I am an admirer of small commercial vehicles. I don't mention this on my Tinder profile.

I Iike small commercials too.

Biscuit are in the corner , so I am led to believe, although usually gone by the time I get there.

Welcome along.

Good afternoon shiters,

Don't worry about the Astray Astra. There is a section covering more modern shite.

I even think there is one about cyclisting too.

Hello there.

I'm new about these parts, recently hearing about Autoshite via a HubNut video. I don't drive an all that new car, mere 12 year old VW polo, but given that my mechanic decries all new cars I'm looking to keep it on the road as long as I can.

12 years old? That's nearly new!

Hello all,

Thanks for letting me join! Been lurking this forum for a while now and have just bought myself a Talbot Solara that's previously been on here so thought it'd be rude not to finally sign up. My first car was a MK1 fiesta 2 years ago and since then I've had several cars, but I seem to go back to the older stuff as I've always had a soft spot for classic cars. Up until recently I had a perfectly fine (but boring) Skoda Fabia so logically, I saw the Talbot come up and had to go for it - it's now my only car so I'm trying to make sure it's reliable to use for work. I've driven it a few times so far but it's got a running issue which I need to look into, I'll probably make a thread on it at some point with some pictures  :mrgreen:

Ryan

post-26804-0-37696400-1542398266_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

Thanks for letting me join! Been lurking this forum for a while now and have just bought myself a Talbot Solara that's previously been on here so thought it'd be rude not to finally sign up. My first car was a MK1 fiesta 2 years ago and since then I've had several cars, but I seem to go back to the older stuff as I've always had a soft spot for classic cars. Up until recently I had a perfectly fine (but boring) Skoda Fabia so logically, I saw the Talbot come up and had to go for it - it's now my only car so I'm trying to make sure it's reliable to use for work. I've driven it a few times so far but it's got a running issue which I need to look into, I'll probably make a thread on it at some point with some pictures  :mrgreen:

Ryan

Welcome along, chief.

Thanks everyone!

That was my old car.

I found your thread very helpful Squire, a lot of interesting information on it and thanks for putting it back on the road. Also enjoyed your YT video on it  :-D  I bought it from Jo who said she bought it from you.

Will make a thread shortly, done a couple of bits to it so far.

Hi everyone, just to introduce myself and my shed, a 2007 Focus 1.8TDCI Estate that I bought for £490 last month. There's a few jobs that need doing but I'm really pleased with it.

Lady Grumpius drives a 1.4 Studio Focus.  It's going to a meet tomorrow.  Solidarity.