New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

I live in Norway since 2007, but am a Swede by heart and soul. Hence my choice of nickname. Norwegian chrome is what Swedes call rust... aaah.. the joy of throwing shite in the faces of your closest neighbours!

Hey, welcome!

That's a fantastic username, I must try use that term in conversation...

"Ooh, bit of rust round that wheelarch there."

"Rust? Why, that's finest Norwegian chrome."

Sounds like you have a superb collection going - I can assure you that pics would be very welcome...

Look forward to hearing more!

Guest jordan_rkid

Hello, I thought I might introduce myself to the forum. 

I currently drive a bog standard 2006 Toyota Aygo, which I'd definitely label "Autoshite".

I also own a Monogram MG ZR which is in storage awaiting a respray once I have funds (probably never), not bog standard but I'm sure it still comes under "Shite" as it was made in Longbridge.

I was brought here by binge watching HubNut videos over the past few months, hi Ian! 

Welcome , what we need is pictures of your shite collection , not to worried about the Suzuki SJ as I expect it has dissolved overnight into a pile of nothingness,

Skål

Hey, welcome!

That's a fantastic username, I must try use that term in conversation...

"Ooh, bit of rust round that wheelarch there."

"Rust? Why, that's finest Norwegian chrome."

Sounds like you have a superb collection going - I can assure you that pics would be very welcome...

Look forward to hearing more!

Thanks!I'll see what I can manage. I like to keep a fairly high level of difficulty and therefore my shait is smeared all over the lovely country of Sweden. But I'll see what I can cook up from some of the pictures in my phone. Some of this stuff are old crimes, others are in full development. I'll try to write a little about each and every one of them, but some of them really deserves a separate post. Alright.. here we go.. Enjoy..

Shait #1 - Volvo Fl611 approx. 1995ish - tried to get this one through Norways equallent to Mot, but alas it stumbled on the finishing line due to lack of visible VIN-number on the frame. Got major diesel leakage, so it's a bitch to get to start when it's been left alone for to long. It's a nice autolift though. On the bed: my brothers good ol' Volvo 850GLT from 1992 getting some new crossmember fitted and suspension parts. My brother refuses to let this car die..

Shait #2 - Chevy Tahoe 2002 - Bought this last year mostly because its ability to run on LPG. Got it through the MOT about a month ago after some serious struggling with the handbrake. When it runs on petrol it is by far the most expensive car to keep on the road that I own, including the heavier stuff.. But.. Nice American handling, it runs from ditch to ditch if left unattended for more than 5 milliseconds. Runs on beefy 285/65-18 tyres which I hate. Rolling project that eventually will become a pure expedition wagon, I only need to start my own oil company first.

Shait #3 - Good ol' trusty Bumblebee - She's a Scania S82 born in 1984. Started her life as a rolling library for one of the municipality in the southern parts of Sweden. Used to have a loaded weight of 17,5 tonnes, but it got reduced to just under 12t for tax reasons when she was transformed into a camper bus. Tired as hell, but the comfort is hard to beat. Take a look at the license plate and tell me I'm not one of the luckiest guys in the known universe!

Shait #4 and 5 - Kewet Buddy electric - Take a look at the pictures and get blown a away by true Norwegian craftsmanship. Everything is fastened by rivets or self taping screws. It borrows most of its drive train from a golf cart, except suspension, steering and brakes which it without hasitation ripped from a Citroën of some kind. Got 2 of them, one green and one blue. These cars deserves a separate thread.

Shait #6 - Jeep Wrangler YJ ca 1988 - this one is history now, sold it two months ago. Bought it with the goal of getting it on the road again, but only got depressed every time I looked at it. It was literally more Norwegian chrome than steel on this one. That's it for now.. More will come when I get some pictures of the whole lot.

post-26495-0-66739400-1537402149_thumb.jpgpost-26495-0-66739400-1537402149_thumb.jpgpost-26495-0-47993400-1537402188_thumb.jpgpost-26495-0-54256000-1537402481_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-22339300-1537402542_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-37461100-1537402551_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-88640300-1537402565_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-96095500-1537402577_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-66291500-1537402875_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-38791200-1537402895_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-13088900-1537402914_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-26431700-1537402963_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-73229000-1537402976_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-62560000-1537402993_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-56559100-1537403142_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-99086200-1537403159_thumb.jpg

post-26495-0-30533300-1537403174_thumb.jpg

Thanks!I'll see what I can manage. I like to keep a fairly high level of difficulty and therefore my shait is smeared all over the lovely country of Sweden. But I'll see what I can cook up from some of the pictures in my phone. Some of this stuff are old crimes, others are in full development. I'll try to write a little about each and every one of them, but some of them really deserves a separate post. Alright.. here we go.. Enjoy..

Shait #1 - Volvo Fl611 approx. 1995ish - tried to get this one through Norways equallent to Mot, but alas it stumbled on the finishing line due to lack of visible VIN-number on the frame. Got major diesel leakage, so it's a bitch to get to start when it's been left alone for to long. It's a nice autolift though. On the bed: my brothers good ol' Volvo 850GLT from 1992 getting some new crossmember fitted and suspension parts. My brother refuses to let this car die..

Shait #2 - Chevy Tahoe 2002 - Bought this last year mostly because its ability to run on LPG. Got it through the MOT about a month ago after some serious struggling with the handbrake. When it runs on petrol it is by far the most expensive car to keep on the road that I own, including the heavier stuff.. But.. Nice American handling, it runs from ditch to ditch if left unattended for more than 5 milliseconds. Runs on beefy 285/65-18 tyres which I hate. Rolling project that eventually will become a pure expedition wagon, I only need to start my own oil company first.

Shait #3 - Good ol' trusty Bumblebee - She's a Scania S82 born in 1984. Started her life as a rolling library for one of the municipality in the southern parts of Sweden. Used to have a loaded weight of 17,5 tonnes, but it got reduced to just under 12t for tax reasons when she was transformed into a camper bus. Tired as hell, but the comfort is hard to beat. Take a look at the license plate and tell me I'm not one of the luckiest guys in the known universe!

Shait #4 and 5 - Kewet Buddy electric - Take a look at the pictures and get blown a away by true Norwegian craftsmanship. Everything is fastened by rivets or self taping screws. It borrows most of its drive train from a golf cart, except suspension, steering and brakes which it without hasitation ripped from a Citroën of some kind. Got 2 of them, one green and one blue. These cars deserves a separate thread.

Shait #6 - Jeep Wrangler YJ ca 1988 - this one is history now, sold it two months ago. Bought it with the goal of getting it on the road again, but only got depressed every time I looked at it. It was literally more Norwegian chrome than steel on this one. That's it for now.. More will come when I get some pictures of the whole lot.

attachicon.gif20180805_140016-2016x1512.jpgattachicon.gif20180805_140016-2016x1512.jpgattachicon.gif20180805_202653-1512x2016.jpgattachicon.gif20180326_175700-1512x2016.jpg

Fantastic stuff, welcome along.

Fantastic stuff, welcome along.

Thank you sire!

I work during the night as a TMA-lorry driver atm. So from time to time I got plenty of time, hence the lengthy replies, but it won't become a habit I asure you. :)

Anyways.. Just trying to get past those five posts so the restriction hopefully gets lifted. Nice policy though. Keeps a lot of the unpleasant posts away.

Have a nice evening Cavcraft.

Hello, I thought I might introduce myself to the forum.

I currently drive a bog standard 2006 Toyota Aygo, which I'd definitely label "Autoshite".

I also own a Monogram MG ZR which is in storage awaiting a respray once I have funds (probably never), not bog standard but I'm sure it still comes under "Shite" as it was made in Longbridge.

I was brought here by binge watching HubNut videos over the past few months, hi Ian!

Monogram ZR ? What flavour ? I'm a bit of a Lagoon licker.

Guest jordan_rkid

Monogram ZR ? What flavour ? I'm a bit of a Lagoon licker.

My ZR is a Mirage 2, 1 of 60 and quite an under appreciated colour. Currently in storage as the arches are rotten  :-(  Lagoon is a lovely colour, actually theres a Lagoon ZR up for sale somewhere which was tempting me...

Hi all,

About 2 years ago I became aware of AutoShite after following mr Bollox from RetroRides which in turn was a link from FiatForum. I had trouble getting my membership through here though slartibartfast fixed it in the end. It was like being 17 & 3/4 again standing outside Play nightclub in Hereford and being turned away by the bouncers: I'm sure I belong in here mate - even if not, I'll have a bloody good time.

Anyway I arrived at this point in my car history after 16 years of driving I've owned 22 cars the current ones being a Jag x-type estate, Seat Altea and a Fiat Multipla. I have kids - can you tell?

The manufacturer count goes Fiat 4, VW 3, Ford 3, Seat 2 BMW 2, Austin 2, Citroen 2, Peugeot 2, Vauxhall 1, Jaguar 1.

We had one new car and it got nicked after 9 months so I decided the only sure fire way not to have cars stolen was to buy undesireable vehicles.

I'm a bit of a Multipla licker (certifiable i believe), this is my third and is considerably doggy and shagged. I'm in the process of de-dogging it (odour/dirt/hair) before I can get on with other issues such as the clutch.

I've got a strange taste in cars which probably stems from learning to drive in my Mum & Dad's 2cv. They still have it (owned since '91) and should be coming to me before the end if the year so I can swap the chassis for a galvanized one and get it resprayed. Any advice welcome on 2cv restoration!

Anyway, thanks for letting me in everyone!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally found this place.
Over 40.

Drink beer.

don't smoke.

CBA with a lot of things.

Like having a laugh.

Make my own Bio-diesel. Have done for 15 years, so for all those who say "It'll blow your engine up" . . . will it? I'd rather pay about 14p a litre than what they're charging at the tax collectors.

Hello everyone only found this site recently but seeing as I bought a rover thought it might be a good idea to join my current daily drive is a 2003 polo that cost me 30,000 pennies but the other shite on my drive is a 1967 rover 2000 looking forward to getting to know people and enjoying the 'fun' of owning an old car

post-26627-0-66420700-1538723945_thumb.jpg

post-26627-0-45099800-1538724202_thumb.jpg

post-26627-0-41387400-1538724207_thumb.png

Been lurking/laughing for a bit and thought I'd better join. Being terminally incapable of looking after cars and being married to someone who makes me look anally retentative when it comes to looking after cars the daily runners are more stomach turning than head turning this place makes me smile a lot.

Even when I buy something decent it turns to mud in my hands. My VX220 was bought new and now is a 90,000 mile barn find. The Dolomite Sprint sits on the lift unused and unloved because I'm just not a polisher. There are a number of projects in the pending file that were bought to save them from rotting away on someone else's driveway. X1-9 Lido and a round dash 944 both waiting for care and attention when a suitable hole in the schedule appears.

So why really CBA approach to cars in general and daily transport in particular? Because most spare time not devoted to rebuilding houses is spent turning things like this:

2898107917_f178ec6ba9.jpg

Into this with our own fair hands:

4618292482_560a2bd676.jpg

And this:

2679309289_ac2715aa91.jpg

Into this:

3615795869_cf7e3b6561.jpg

The current project is to make this (note Autoshite friendly LDV crew cab pick up)

27089451725_eafb56251b.jpg

Look a lot like this (except with windscreens and pneumatic tyres)

25691142741_a844fc7402.jpg

Which is progressing nicely. The question then is "why don't you just f**k off to one of those forums where they talk about steam engines then?" Well, people who are into steam engines are weird and take the wrong things too seriously and I'm not like that. Obviously.

It the process of digging those pictures out I found a picture of a charming Omega dog kennel which was bought a while back for very little for Dearheart and two years later was scrapped because it was a mobile health hazard. Note AS friendly LDV again.

7255279484_73318c73c0.jpg

Anyway, hello.

Cor, they're all coming in rightly now... welcome, welcome all - AlexR, Ponty1990 and JimH. It always fair warms the cockles of my black, black heart to witness long-term lurkers becoming fully-fledged shiters.

Autoshite can only be a better place with homebrew biodiesel, a patina-blessed P6 and a host of steam-powered commercials added into this already eclectic mix... hopefully some top threads will emerge from all or any of these!

In the meantime, grab a brew, pull up a seat, have a natter and blow some of your hard-earned on roffle tickets for a succession of dismal old nails helpfully located at the other end of the country...

...it's the AS way.

Been lurking/laughing for a bit and thought I'd better join. Being terminally incapable of looking after cars and being married to someone who makes me look anally retentative when it comes to looking after cars the daily runners are more stomach turning than head turning this place makes me smile a lot.

Even when I buy something decent it turns to mud in my hands. My VX220 was bought new and now is a 90,000 mile barn find. The Dolomite Sprint sits on the lift unused and unloved because I'm just not a polisher. There are a number of projects in the pending file that were bought to save them from rotting away on someone else's driveway. X1-9 Lido and a round dash 944 both waiting for care and attention when a suitable hole in the schedule appears.

So why really CBA approach to cars in general and daily transport in particular? Because most spare time not devoted to rebuilding houses is spent turning things like this:

2898107917_f178ec6ba9.jpg

Into this with our own fair hands:

4618292482_560a2bd676.jpg

And this:

2679309289_ac2715aa91.jpg

Into this:

3615795869_cf7e3b6561.jpg

The current project is to make this (note Autoshite friendly LDV crew cab pick up)

27089451725_eafb56251b.jpg

Look a lot like this (except with windscreens and pneumatic tyres)

25691142741_a844fc7402.jpg

Which is progressing nicely. The question then is "why don't you just f**k off to one of those forums where they talk about steam engines then?" Well, people who are into steam engines are weird and take the wrong things too seriously and I'm not like that. Obviously.

It the process of digging those pictures out I found a picture of a charming Omega dog kennel which was bought a while back for very little for Dearheart and two years later was scrapped because it was a mobile health hazard. Note AS friendly LDV again.

7255279484_73318c73c0.jpg

Anyway, hello.

Any pics of your Dolly Sprint? :)

I love them. I've been on the look out for one for a while and hopefully get one (eventually).

Welcome all.

The question then is "why don't you just f**k off to one of those forums where they talk about steam engines then?”

I will be very, very surprised if anyone on here asks that question :-)

I am loving the term Norwegian chrome. Instantly added to vocabulary. (Although down here I should probably call it French chrome or Cornish chrome or something.)

Any pics of your Dolly Sprint? :)

I love them. I've been on the look out for one for a while and hopefully get one (eventually).

This was the old girl when I picked it up in '07. Let's just say that the former owner wasn't exactly brassic. Nearly 200K on the clock and I'm its third owner. The first owner had it until 1994 and put most of the miles on it. I've done very little to it other than fitted some fancy pants ignition system which improved reliability enormously, drove it and left it on the lift to go dusty. It has what might be described as a very healthy engine. The lad I bought it off didn't exactly skimp on things. I have some other photos he took while it was parked outside his kids' school. I think their education cost more than my house did.

453937917_145efc5d9d.jpg

What you realise when you drive such a rip snorting, fire breathing set of wheels like this is that while new cars might be ugly, heavy and pander to the lowest common denominator, old cars are complete crap.