Plastic fuel pipe question

25v6turbo

So my halfwit Dad has managed to reverse the Safrane along the driveway,but go off it and ground the car out,no bodywork damage but he has fractured a plastic fuel pipe from the fuel filter to the fuel rail,he has bodged it by cutting out the damaged length and sleeving it with fuel hose and jubilee clips,this isn't going to last as its under about 3 bar pressure,how can this be safely repaired? OE pipe is not longer available,what can I do ?I did thank him for damaging it.....

Should be fine so long as it's decent quality ethanol resistant hose, not 20 year old Halfords cheapest that was found in the bottom of the garage bin.

Everyone was shocked when I said I was using normal fuel hoses and hose clips piping up the injection supply on the Lada. In that case the FPR is set to 27psi, and the pump stalls up at about 75. The only thing that leaked when I did that test was the clip together joint on the fuel pump itself...and that was made by Bosch not me.

This far it's the only Lada I've ever driven that doesn't stink of fuel!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.

2 fuel pipes had to be repaired,one is the pipe from the fuel filter towards the fuel rail,i take this to be high pressure,the 2nd one is the retun pipe back to the tank,I,am right in saying this is low pressure?

I have cut out the damaged areas,sleeved with rubber fuel hose and new clips,ran it up with no leaks...

If it was to leak would it of by now as soon as I ran the car?

Also does the pressure increase the higher the revs or stay the same,iam trying to find an original undamaged pipe from the filter but as you can believe its proving difficult,anyone know of a Phase 1 in a scrapyard or being broken?

A phase 2 MIGHT be the same I,am trying to find out.

Return line should essentially be open to the tank, so you shouldn't be seeing more than a couple of psi there.

The pressure delivered by the in tank pump will be relatively constant, it will deliver more fuel than needed and the pressure regulator will dump the excess back to the tank via the return line.

The volume being dumped back to the tank (there's quite an impressive amount you'll see if you ever run it with the return line disconnected) will vary depending on the demand from the engine. Maximum return flow will be during the overrun when fuel injection will be completely cut, so the demand is zero. Lowest will be at full throttle, high engine rpm. If everything is working as it should though you should see a pretty much constant pressure.