320T Pickeringmobile "This is the end"

320touring

Dont know how long you mean to keep it, but would one of those quick release battery clips be any good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Qiorange-Release-Terminals-Motorhome-Terminal/dp/B075JCNMDC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1533385820&sr=8-7&keywords=battery+release

Used one on a car with a battery drain. Peace of piss to fit, and really easy to use.

Dont know how long you mean to keep it, but would one of those quick release battery clips be any good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Qiorange-Release-Terminals-Motorhome-Terminal/dp/B075JCNMDC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1533385820&sr=8-7&keywords=battery+release

Used one on a car with a battery drain. Peace of piss to fit, and really easy to use.

The original clips are quick release, and it seems to do the 'fail' regardless of whether the battery has been disconnected or not..

I may investigate once I've finished with the van tasks - better to have it start after a fashion rather than not at all:)

Sounds daft but how dirty is the top of the battery? I have heard tales where over time dirt/grease/etc builds up and eventually causes a resistive electrical path between the two terminals. Thus causing a slow drain.

Well, where to start?

Up this morning, jump start it, and off to the dump. Once unloaded it was time to fillerup - from "low fuel warning" to clicking off at the pump was 39.33 L. Wonder how long it'll last?

Then it was off to collect the mgb engine as seen elsewhere..

post-17572-0-06679200-1533418408_thumb.jpg

Arrived at the unit, and we did an unloading.

post-17572-0-26796000-1533418812_thumb.jpg

Having completed the tasks it was bought for, it was time to see what the blahhdy thing was like.

First things first, the place they all fail

post-17572-0-93431500-1533418935_thumb.jpgpost-17572-0-29822100-1533419022_thumb.jpg

The fronts of both sills have been welded. All seemed solid, if not concourse.

I did my bit and slapped on some rust converter!

post-17572-0-16373900-1533419105_thumb.jpg

We also saw fit to try and do something about the non start issue - as Bavarian Retro says, the battery was a suspect.

post-17572-0-14824700-1533419186_thumb.jpg

The passenger seat is tipped forward by pressing 2 small tabs under the seat.

We undid 1x 10mm nut at the front of the clamp, and 1x 10mm bolt at the back of the clamp ( kinda hidden by the plastic, but easy to find by feel).

Then remove the two shitty "quick release" clamps, and the battery just lifts out.

post-17572-0-34210300-1533419253_thumb.jpg

Another battery was fired in and connected up.

The car fired first time.

We switched it off and gave the interior a clean and hoover - also paying some attention to check the fluid levels under the bonnet. It came up ok, and the fluids were fine bar the screenwash.

It started off the key so we drove home. I have parked it up and locked it via remote (after checking I could get in with the key if needed).

I'll leave it overnight and see what happens. The battery is connected.

Place bets now!

Oh yeah I forgot you got it from a shiter!

How stingy do I sound now?

No more than I'd expect, having met you;)

In other news, it unlocked off the remote this morning and started ok.

Has successfully restarted twice since then.

Will need to leave it longer to see how it performs.

I needed a van at the weekend to move stuff.

Costs were such that the sensible option was to buy a van*

I'm happy to loan out the Granvia if anyone ever requires it for such things, but it is in use as a camper this weekend. Other half is marshalling at Knockhill as we speak.

Actually rather impressed at how much stuff that Picasso swallows tho!