4 Oh 5

holbeck

Rather than clog up the News24 any further, maybe the 405 should have it's own thread.

post-4930-0-45735500-1533042239_thumb.jpg

It's the ex Bramz 405 turbo dizzle.

Anyway it's a work in progress at the moment as it has around a months test and a few issues that need to be sorted before it becomes my daily / WBOD.

post-4930-0-18757500-1533043385_thumb.jpg

First on the list was new second hand trimz, although that might be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic if it goes down heavily in the MOT.

Anyway as I mentioned in News24 it needs the passenger mirror replacing, this came from a breakers near Glastonbury so I popped up there on the pretence of climbing the Tor with my son.

post-4930-0-37824100-1533042561_thumb.jpg

Knackered mirror 

post-4930-0-80519700-1533043232_thumb.jpg

post-4930-0-46953100-1533042756_thumb.jpg

New mirror. Tick. And with a low swear count.

Next in the list is the lack of working electric windows. Fuse OK and 12v present so window relay is the next suspect.

post-4930-0-65833700-1533042888_thumb.jpg

See that empty space on the right? well there should be a green relay there. Swapping out another one and the windows work almost normally, I suspect that relay has been missing a long time judging by the groan from the window motor the first time it was asked to work. Loosened up after a couple of goes though!

Ebay can supply but I've got to go to my local motor factors anyway later to get a new front number plate made up.

Small steps, but......

Looking good. I did wonder why the relay was blank...maybe the OAP owner left the windows open or something and this was his way of stopping it. 

Still some of the best seats I've sat in, they've not aged at all really.

Who knows. If there is a problem I expect I'll find out!

The local motor factors had nothing so I ended up buying 3 relays for £6 posted off ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

post-4930-0-00720000-1534864056_thumb.jpg

Since the last time I posted about this, the electric windows now work, as does the radio, although I've a new NOS aerial to replace the busted off one on the car that's yet to be fitted.  

The number plate has been changed for one that is not smashed 

As of today a new MOT has been achieved.

3 rusty brake pipes needed doing so not too bad in the end. Whilst at the garage, I decided not to piss about and got 2 new tyres as well.

There's a couple of advisories that I'll sort out as and when but basically it's good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifthumbnail_20180831_112549.jpg

It must be the car's birthday. God knows how old the black shitty sludge oil that came out was.

How do you get on with the suction method of removing oil?

I didn't get the lot out with mine and whipped the sump plug out, but may attempt it again in case I hadn't actually reached the bottom of the sump