Rave's X300 4.0 Sport - 5/10/19 MOT achieved!

Rave

I should be picking up a car later today- much later though, my train is not due in to the nearest station until 2114. I have something else to do in the meantime and I might post some updates through the day just to amuse myself, it's going to be a long one involving several different modes of transport.

I'm picking the car up from a fellow shiter but it was not his to start with. I've never seen it, it's over 20 years old, I have a 150 mile drive home after picking it up, and I have a broken arm (hence buying this badermatic car). WCPGW? :)

Reading 0 - Palace 4. Bit better than the last time I did a post-football collection, which was a 1-0 loss at Burnley.

Got an hour to walk to Reading station now. 2.8 miles. Should be able to manage that.

Yeah I felt like a bit of a prat as all the park and ride buses went tooling past but I'm a diffident enough person that I didn't fancy the prospect of not having the right ticket, or money, or something. Made it to Reading station in time to have a precautionary piss. It's all changed since the last time I was here, which was on the way to collect my Mondeo from the infamous carswithnoreserve.

Anyway here's my train:

post-20573-0-58773500-1532797300_thumb.jpg

Ooh a class 800! Sadly I'm not going to be on it for very long at all :(

Have awoken from a very light snooze and I reckon I'm unlikely to be able to doze off again as my arm's aching now :(. We're in Chipping Norton and there appear to be heavy showers about, so I hope the new car's wipers work.

Let's hope nobody saw you taking a picture down the front of your trousers...

Shorts actually. I just told them I had to send a dick pic to a lad on Grindr, it was fine.

Alright time for the second and final clue, in case there's anyone who still hasn't lost interest.

I saw the ad for this car on ebay last Saturday, rang the seller on Sunday, and did the deal on Monday after asking a lovely fellow shiter to view it for me. It turns out I'd been rather Mystic Meg about the whole thing. I doubt the forum search function can help you now, anyone a black belt in Google-fu?

Ha ha, I would've nearly spat my tea out if I was drinking any when I saw this picture.

post-20743-0-71920600-1532809892_thumb.jpg

This is a picture I took from almost exactly the same spot at midnight on 24/25 Oct 1986 of RM2037 being the last ever RM on route 68.

post-20743-0-36944000-1532809913_thumb.jpg

And this was taken exactly 20 years later when the bus then belonged to me.

post-20743-0-06543200-1532809927_thumb.jpg

I'm particularly pleased with this picture as it's the only one I have where you can see the whole of the illuminated advert is lit up. Even pictures later the same day had one of the bulbs out (there are five fluorescent strips behind the advert and they come on in different combinations every time I use it).