9-5 Aero Sans MOT - would make good tent - £3 a ticket

Ohdearme

Quite possibly. The one that Hooli now has is a 55  54 plate and was a couple of version numbers down from the one I put on.

Depends if a dealer has done it as part of a service. They were supposed to, but not all did.

Small correction.

Yes, when doing the pipes they've drained and replaced 4 litres of it. It's the 5 speed autobox in mine so requires prime 3309 stupido fluid at £11 a litre, not to mention the two litres I've got through while it's been leaking...

Carplan ATF-U is the correct spec & much cheaper than that.

I had to put a few litres on as one of the oil cooler pipes was leaking slightly when I got mine. A bit of PTFE sorted the leak & I topped the box up it was full(ish) probably slightly over full & never had an issue. Daft thing is I got a temp probe to check the oil so I know the level is right but have never bothered to put a battery in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bastarding cock bollocks. There are many joys with the mid range punch of a 9-5 Aero...

...one of them isn’t s squeezing the throttle to overtake a van doing 50 on a straight clear road to Whitby and briefly clipping 70-75 while noticing too late there is a scamera van pointing at me. Weirdly the brakes were on on the van at the time so I can only hope he was just pulling into position and it wasn’t a van full of the buggers.

Seaside is getting expensive!

Not weird at all this one. SAAB performed faultlessly on the round trip to Whitby (stuff I know broken stayed broken, , stuff that wasn’t stayed unbroken). However, glovebox although empty had an annoying rattle and I also noted the wire for the iPod tape adapter hanging out of the cassette could do with a cable tie to tidy it up.

Sat in the car after a lunchtime power nap and a spot of reading some book a friend has thrust on me about embracing the universe and waiting for answers to appear (!) I go to throw the book in the glovebox and find the source of the rattle...a black cable tie wedged between the glovebox lid and the dash :D

The lord of Zen didn’t see fit to deliver a pair of scissors though so will trim it at home but an excellent and fortuitous free fix. (Cable tie wasn’t mine).

Off back to work now in case a butterfly flaps it’s wings and I turn into a newt.

post-23468-0-16701900-1535979925_thumb.jpeg

Mmmmmmmm... Aero.

I wish mine had a tape player for easy mp3 listening. I can't really be bothered to bodge the telephone output.

Mine has a dead alarm backup battery, so the alarm goes off randomly sometimes. And the aircon isn't very cold - I have a regas kit but can't find the bloody low pressure valve. I've heard it's buried behind a headlight.

You can disable the alarm siren with a Tech2, SiC did so on mine before I got it for the same issue of random alarm noise.

Can tech2 stop the horn honking every time I lock the car? Hard to sneak out for a midnight run in the car when it announces to all and sundry I’ve arrived home again.

Can tech2 stop the horn honking every time I lock the car? Hard to sneak out for a midnight run in the car when it announces to all and sundry I’ve arrived home again.

As far as I know yes that's all configurable.

Mmmmmmmm... Aero.

I wish mine had a tape player for easy mp3 listening. I can't really be bothered to bodge the telephone output.

Mine has a dead alarm backup battery, so the alarm goes off randomly sometimes. And the aircon isn't very cold - I have a regas kit but can't find the bloody low pressure valve. I've heard it's buried behind a headlight.

I’ve actually got a genuine SAAB telephone harness spare, you connect the plug in and just wire the ends up to a 3.5mm jack socket. Means you’re not cutting your wiring loom and is removable.

It auto mutes the radio if it detects audio, unfortunately it plays in mono.

Mmm

I’ve actually got a genuine SAAB telephone harness spare, you connect the plug in and just wire the ends up to a 3.5mm jack socket. Means you’re not cutting your wiring loom and is removable.

It auto mutes the radio if it detects audio, unfortunately it plays in mono.

Mmmmmm... mono.

This intrigues me. Stereo is overrated.

I was about to ask the very same question, that boop pisses me right off as well (and I don't know what the neighbours think!).

I wonder if SiC also disabled the traction control bong on yours?

No, because the TC system is (or was when I sold it) fully working on Hoolis ;)

One of the reluctor rings had to be changed though as the ABS light popped up when driving along at speed.

I don't think you can disable safety system warnings like TC not working.

I don't think it bongs when traction control kicks in. Oil pressure low warning? Check your engine oil level.

That's the normal random bong I get too. It's great* how all the unimportant stuff like washer fluid shows on the sid but oil pressure doesn't.

I can only assume a french man got in the design studio for 15mins one lunch time when all the Swedes were chomping on pickled herring.

I’ve been and stuck another 300 miles on the 9-5 with work today and a respectable 29.4mpg was extracted from the tank of super unleaded. It’s not working out too bad to fill up with cheap super unleaded with the PetrolPrices app, usually paying 1.29 to 1.30 for super.

While I was out, Postman pat has delivered boots and bushes galore for me.

Not sure when I’ll get time to do these but must be soon as it is creaking like the Golden Hind through corners.

post-23468-0-60199900-1536174303_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Because I’ve been fingered by the fuzz twice in the last few weeks for speeding (weirdly not in the SAAB) I’ve decided it was an idea to swap my dodgy tyre sizes to the back so that my speedo reads properly and I don’t ride around shitting myself and going Uber slow because I don’t know how far out my speedo is every time I see a gatso, etc.

I also ordered a slip on cv instead of a slit one so thought I’d spend the evening swapping the wheels and popping the new cv boot on.

Why the fuckeddy doodah does everything on the SAAB need a bastard set of torx sockets that I do not possess to take stuff off?

Local factors shut at 8 and now SAAB is propped on jacks and stands and I’ve so much grease and grindy bits of metal filings I don’t want to put it back together. So it will spend the night in the air.

I did manage to blast a can of carb cleaner on the subframe post atf fix and it doesn’t look too bad.

I fear for my wheel bearing/shafty bits though. Could explain the 70-90 vibration methinks.

post-23468-0-63424200-1536952103_thumb.jpeg

post-23468-0-67239900-1536952127_thumb.jpeg

post-23468-0-17299100-1536952174_thumb.jpeg

post-23468-0-06684500-1536952205_thumb.jpeg