Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Sport Raffle time again. REG N118MFV SiC is the winner.

Tickman

If you wanted to pay for a flight to Dundee, my train back to NEWBS from Bristol, and the fuel back down then I could do a planes, trains and automobiles collection on your behalf, probaby some time next week or the following weekend.

Can't see that being a cheap option though! Infact I believe your FiL lives in NEWBS? I could even drop off the MGB, unless it kerplodes on the way there as you predict.... :D I have AutoAid though....

PM me if it may be of interest and we can see if it could work out.

Thanks for the offer. Usually that would have worked out really well. However I'm possibly planning a roadtrip with a mate up there (flights then drive down)!

I reckon it could be great fun thing to do. :)

I love raffles, even when I've not got a ticket.

You'll love it Si, 

I love my XJ 8 & I've kept it much longer than I planned to, just because it's so nice.

As long as you have a good one to start with (like the one here) there is literally no downside to owning these old Jags apart from having to pay a bit more at the pumps. They are cheap as chips to insure on classic policies so that negates some of the car tax bill. Apart from that it's just fuel you'll get through and regular maintenance.

For the style, presence, comfort, people coming up and starting a pleasant conversation, and driving experience I say the large fuel bill is a small price to pay. Enjoy being a Winrar SiC! Should be a nice drive back from Dundee.

All of mine are with Footman James. They can be a bit flakey with what they accept as a classic though. 1994 Citroen AX - classic, 1988 Vauxhall Senator - not classic.

I tried the online quoting for my Volvo and computer said no. I then tried again a few hours later and computer said yes. It's a bit of a lottery.